Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueVoda Websites

Hello everyone.

I am not currently a customer but I have been reading up on VodaHost for some time. I currently have hosting somewhere else and I will be switching in July to VodaHost.

What impressed me the most about VodaHost is that I downloaded and started to use BlueVoda without realizing it was a web design tool for VodaHost.

I could not figure out a way to publish the site I created unless I had hosting at VodaHost. This is where I started to investigate.

VodaHost started sending me informative emails that where actually good to read and I was getting more attention from VodaHost than my own hosting service. In fact, my hosting service does not interact with it's customers at all and they don't provide a Forum.

So I am needing to create a quick site but I can't switch to VodaHost until July. Can BlueVoda be used to publish a site to a different host or is it only for VodaHost?

I can build website in Dreamweaver on my own but I wanted to use a tool that can do it quickly as I have not time for this right now. If BlueVoda is only a tool for VodaHost customers, I will find something else to tie me over. I am still becoming a customer in July.

Thanks for any feedback.

-Proximo

Re: BlueVoda Websites

Hi Proximo,
    Yes, you must have a VodaHost account in order to publish a BlueVoda created website.
    As a "new" customer (since Jan., 2009) I can only confirm your first impressions of the whole Voda- setup. I, too, was with another host & not at all happy about the same things you refer to. Not only that I had to always be on IE to check any work - I am with Firefox.
    I have had so much fun building my site here - WITHOUT any previous experience at all, I might add! Having taken the advice of many to watch all the tutorials I slowly found my way. Inevitably there were some areas in which I became "lost" & had to ask for help. The tips, advice, suggestions etc that I received have been more than I could have wished for!
    I guess what I'm saying is....I am one EXTREMELY happy customer :)
    I have since added on a 2nd. site & am currently considering building a 3rd. (In case you're not aware, you can have as many sites as you wish all under 1 account with VodaHost - you simply pay for the domain name registrations; providing, of course, that you are the legal owner of these names.)
    Welcome, in advance, to Vodaland,
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Re: BlueVoda Websites

Thank you for the clarification ahimsa.

What I will do then is create my website myself with Dreamweaver. I have been designing sites for some time, but thought I could get away with using BlueVoda.

There are others out there like NVU that I may try before sitting down and building my own from scratch. I will eventually create my own site anyway, but I don't want to take the time at the moment.

I also want to thank you for the confirmation that you are happy with VodaHost. I have plenty of other horror stories about what other host have done to me in the past. So I am looking forward to becoming a customer and I may pull the trigger before July. My current hosting is good until July.

At any rate, VodaLand seems like a great place to be. Glad I found it.

- Proximo

Comment

Working...
      X