Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No hidden fees

You had me at "No hidden fees"

Looking over the VodaHost features, I can clearly see the effort that was made to truly inform potential customers of what they will get. This is my current gripe with my hosting service and why I am leaving in July and moving to VodaHost.

The ability to host multiple domains was the big one for me. I own 3 domains at the time and they are all businesses that I own and operate. Unlimited sub-domains was another.

I get charged extra for both of these at my current host, but the bad part is that they advertise their features in a misleading way. They say free, but it's really free for 12 months and then you get a bill.

So just to put my self at ease here. Is "No hidden fees" at VodaHost the honest truth. I get it all with the hosting package forever?

Thank you for any input on this.

- Proximo

Re: No hidden fees

....see my reply to your 1st. post....
    to spell it out: when you sign up for your VH account you get the option to either register a new domain name or transfer an existing one you may have elsewhere. For this there is no charge. However, one year later you will be expected to renew your account, paying the annual fee, & be charged a new year's registration fee for your domain names....however many you have,
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

ahimsa,

Thank you again for your response. I fully expect to pay for my hosting service at the end of the year. ( I don't like monthly plans)

I have 3 Domain names already. Will I be charged to use these or only the Domain names that I register with VodaHost?

I assume I would not be charged if I own them and they are registered somewhere else.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions. Just trying to make sure I understand everything first.

- Proximo

Comment

When you sign up for a yearly plan you pay for it before the year starts not at the end of the year. (Also fyi, if someone offers something for free but they ask for a credit card expect to pay something at some point).

If your domains are registered with another company vodahost won't charge you anything for those. The domain fee referred to above was if you take advantage of their free registration or transfer, after the year you have to pay for the domain like you normally would.

Generally the only hidden fee you would see would be if your bandwidth goes over, BUT vodahost created their unlimited plan so you not longer have to worry about overages. The only fees you have to pay is for the hosting (yearly if thats what you choose), and your domain registration/renewal fees which you will pay to whomever your registrar is.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Proximo View Post
          So just to put my self at ease here. Is "No hidden fees" at VodaHost the honest truth. I get it all with the hosting package forever?
          This made me chuckle, i too have been subjected to the rigmarole of having signed up for hosting and alas other services on the internet only to be then subjected to hidden fees and other amounts for which i was not aware of from the very beginning!

I believe however VodaHost is not such a company and i stand by them to deliver what they say they will :)

Comment

Working...
          X