• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shortee
    Corporal

• Apr 2009

keeping old site open while designing new site

I have a website which is hosted by another company. I wish to keep this site open, but design a new site which I can publish to the existing domain name though blue vode when the new site is ready. How do I go about is and how do you transfer a domain from one company to another. The old site is www.artifexphotography.com. I have another site I've been building with blue voda for another business if that can be utilized while going through the design process.

Thank you,
    Lesley
  • zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Re: keeping old site open while designing new site

Hi,

You can only publish uusing BlueVoda if you have a Hosting account with
    VodaHost. It does not work with other hosting companies.

My suggestion is for you to buy a Hosting account with VH and point your domain wherever it is to your new Voda Servers after you have purchased an account.

Then you can continue rebuilding your new site as usual using BlueVoda.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• shortee
      Corporal

• Apr 2009

Thank you for your response. I thought I only needed one Blue Voda Hosting account and can have several websites (that's what some of yesterdays posts said). Since I already have another website hosted with blue voda I assumed I won't need another one. If that is the case how do I transfer the domain I already own to Blue Voda, so I can start to rebuild the site.

Thank you,
      Lesley

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by shortee View Post
        Thank you for your response. I thought I only needed one Blue Voda Hosting account and can have several websites (that's what some of yesterdays posts said). Since I already have another website hosted with blue voda I assumed I won't need another one. If that is the case how do I transfer the domain I already own to Blue Voda, so I can start to rebuild the site.

Thank you,
        Lesley
        Correct, you only need one hosting account, Zuriatman answered you like he did because you didn't mention that you already have an account.

You can build your site even before transferring, but to do so make sure that the links that you use in your pages are relative and not absolute, or you will not be able to test the site online before transferring.

Once you have the entire site published, FIRST you need to ADD this domain name as Addon Domain in your VH control panel, SECOND point your DNS from the other hosting company to your VH DNS (this way in just a few hours the new site will be visible instead of the old one) and THIRD ask the transfer.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• overcup
          Sergeant

• Mar 2009

Is there a discount for buying a second VH, and if so, how do I get it?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

No, there is no discount for a second account.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• ajoa
              Staff Sergeant

• Aug 2009

This may be a dumb question, but what do you mean by ask the transfer? I am new here and will be transfering a domain over here too.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You can't transfer yourself. After you have got a VodaHost account, you put in a support ticket asking VodaHost to take care of the tansfer for you.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X