Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any successful stories of hosting Moodle using vodahost for pilot project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any successful stories of hosting Moodle using vodahost for pilot project?

Hi dear all, how are you doing?

I'm looking to setup a Moodle (moodle.org) pilot testing site for a friend of mine. Just curious, any success stories using vodahost for Moodle hosting purposes?

Here are some requirements after we conducted a brief needs assessment:

1. Running on LAMP stack, and programmers could modify the codes. That is, "we" have control over which Moodle version that we are using and we could do code level changes on the site (using FTP, CVS, SVN or something).

2. During the initial testing period, there will be a small number of instructional designers and key faculty members who have access to the site (about 10 people). Then after couple of weeks later, it will grow into a official pilot site which will then has 20 - 30 instructors (and maybe 1000 students) that has access to the site.

3. I guess that we don't really need 24/7 moodle technical support for the site (although it would be nice to have it).

4. Ideally if we could have access to modify the my.cnf (e.g. in case we need to enable the slow query log or MySQL general log or something), and the php.ini (for PHPED remote debugging), that would be great.

Thoughts or comments? Thanks!

Re: Any successful stories of hosting Moodle using vodahost for pilot project?

Hi Ohman,

You can install Moodle using Fantastico Deluxe in cPanel.

It is a cinch. Done in one minute. No hassel no fuss.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
    X