Trasferring website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trasferring website

I have a friend that im recommending to Voda. But before I do. I need a few questions answered to see if it's possible..
    My friends website is gobidit.com , a new auction site starting up. She wants to change servers and we need to see if it's possible for her to switch to voda without interruptions. She uses a cpanel so that would need to be transfered and uses AJ Auction Pro already in the cpanel. Can this be done by transfering all. Domain, site and programs she's using in cpanel? If so are there directions anywhere in help forum to assist. Also if her auction site grows will voda be able to support her auction site. Once everything complete and tweeks and so forth have been fixed on site they plan on doing a widespread promotion. I need to know this information by the 19th if possible. As far as I know they have used cpanel to install the aj auction pro software and only use this so far on the server there using. I will be showing them how to use there cpanel on tracking visiters, making new email accounts for them and lots of the basic stuff that's helpful to them in maintaining site. They have no interest in using web building software or soho, just the auction site software and cron job areas in cpanel which i know is provided in cpanel.
    sigpic

Re: Trasferring website

You could put in a support ticket and ask them if they would copy everything over for her from the old server. You would have to provide them with logins etc..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I don't think i have seen AJ Auction Pro in the available scripts list in Fantastico, so i don't think you can install it through CP.

A solution could be to download ALL files from the old server, upload them in the new account with the exactly same structure folder, create a Database and user for AJ Auction, and export the old MySQL content as .sql file that then needs to be imported into the new Database. You would also have to manually edit the config file to reflect the new database / user details
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
        I don't think i have seen AJ Auction Pro in the available scripts list in Fantastico, so i don't think you can install it through CP.

A solution could be to download ALL files from the old server, upload them in the new account with the exactly same structure folder, create a Database and user for AJ Auction, and export the old MySQL content as .sql file that then needs to be imported into the new Database. You would also have to manually edit the config file to reflect the new database / user details
        Thank you for some of this information it has helped. The program is already in cpanel that they have. It does work with cpanel. I have seen other auction and classifieds you can use in cpanel but this is the one they want to use. I am also sending in a support ticket to make sure on a few other things.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X