• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattyfergus
    Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2008

Moving to bluvoda

Hi, my friend has a website which has been designed, well to say the least very poorley.

I told him I will make it again for him on Bluevoda. But what info do i need to remove his current site and switch it Bluevoda?

Thanks
    Simple Video Production Liverpool - Website video's, corporate video's, event filming, music video's, viral's, motion graphics & 3D animation
  • Tom vR
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Re: Moving to bluvoda

Go to Whois.com and find out who registered his domain. Check who is the owner of that domain and contact them to help you pointing the domain to the VH servers. But first you need purchase an account from VH for your friend (or let him do it). The server info will be in the welcoming emnal from VH.

And he needs to cancel his current hosting contract.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

• mattyfergus
      Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2008

Is there any extra charge from VH to do this?
      Simple Video Production Liverpool - Website video's, corporate video's, event filming, music video's, viral's, motion graphics & 3D animation

Comment

• DarrenC
        Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

There isn't an extra charge, just an annual hosting fee. Vodahost have a halloween offer which is worth taking advantage of.

As far as your domain name is concerned you need to change the name servers to those that VH gave you.

As Tom mentioned do a 'who is' search to see where the domain resides and who registered it, or ask your friend. The domain can stay where it is but you will need to change the name servers at some point.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• Tom vR
          Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

The name of the hosting company is VodaHost. They have a website builder for their members and it is called BlueVoda. Link. Then click on Website builders.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Working...
          X