• Show
Clear All
  • paw42uk
    Private First Class

• Nov 2009

Searching products?

Hello all.

Just a quick question if I may.
    Is it possible to be able to add a search facility to a site? To expand I am thinking of building a site in order to sell vinyl records. Would my customers be able to search my site for say an artist or album title?
    Thank you for reading this thread, if you can shed any light on my querry I would be greatful.

Paul.
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Searching products?

To accomplish this you need a database driven cart, which allows to search products by category or keywords.

VH offers, through the account control panel, OSCommerce Cube Cart and Zend Cart which will all do this.

However, these are self standing OScommerce scripts, so you can't integrate them with a BlueVoda site, but you can link from your BV site to your cart.

You can also customize their templates (either yourself of have it done by a pro).

The other solution would be a custom made cart that woud allow you to have the cart directly integrated in your BV site.

Also, through your Control Panel, you can install Soholaunch, which is a combination of site builder / shopping cart with search capabilities.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• paw42uk
      Private First Class

• Nov 2009

Re: Searching products?

Thank you, for your in-depth and very knowledgeable reply.

Paul.

Comment

Working...
      X