X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macman
    Sergeant

• Jan 2008

How to upload my flash site to vodahost: A few questions, please help, thanks

Hey Everyone,

It's macman here, my id is 21074.

I already have a website that I built using bluevoda and hosted it. It was brilliant to use and simple to upload. Congrads on fantastic product.Just about to buy another hosting account for another website.

I decided to go learn some flash and I downloaded a flash template from Template Monster and edited it. Now from following the Template Monster tutorials I published my site so I now have the following structure:

/siteflash folder contains my index.html, layout.css and style.css

/siteflash/images folder just contains one image that the index.html uses

/siteflash/flash folder contains my flash swf file

I also have a simple contact form, contact.php in the /siteflash folder as well.

Template Monster says to keep the folder structure the same and using filezilla, upload the above folders to your public_html folder.

Here's the video tutorial where they show you
    【WordPress, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, Magento, HTML Tutorials For Beginners And Developers】✅Video Tutorials✅Free Tutorials✅Extensive Documentation✅

My questions, I apologize for stupid questions here.

1. Is what Template monster saying correct.

2. Is it ok to use FileZilla or should I be using something else. I assume I don't have to upload through bluevoda software.

3. The contact.php file. Is there anything I did to do on the server for this to work (i.e. is PHP automatically set up, permissions)?

I know these are probably stupid questions but it's hard to find one place that just does a simple tutorial or video for you and I'm frightened to death or screwing up!

Any little pearls of wisdom would really be appreciated

Thanks
    Gary
  • Alien Dude
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

Re: How to upload my flash site to vodahost: A few questions, please help, thanks

First off they are right as long as you remember that the folder siteflash is actually your new site name folder. on your account ie, public_html/newsite/
    so it will look like
    /newsite/index.html
    /newsite/layout.css
    /newsite/style.css
    /newsite/images/
    /newsite/flash/

Second you can use any ftp manager, though why looking for one when you can use bluevoda's built in one. or your c-panel.

the contact.php is this connected to the flash in a form in the flash. if so as long as you have edited the action script with in the fla file that controls this action then you should have nothing to do.
    vodahost servers work with the latest php versions.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
    X