• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ritassecret
    Private

• Jul 2010

Can I use BlueVoda to create an e-shop?

Dear VH Team hello,

I'm Margarita and I'm comming from Greece. I'm seriously considering of purchasing the VH product since I've downloaded it and found it amazing on how easily you can create your pages! Congratulations!

Question # 1; Can I create an e-shop through Blue Voda? This is what I'm mostly interested at since I'm a jewelry designer and also sell beads.

Question # 2; If I also want my domain name with .gr (Greece) extension, is it not possible?

I hope my topic is at the right place lol

Looking forward to your replying,

Margarita
  • DarrenC
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Re: Can I use BlueVoda to create an e-shop?

Hello Margarita

1) If you want a shopping site, have a look at Soholaunch which comes free with your Vodahost Account, this is geared for online selling. You can build shops in BV but much fiddlier, OK for a small number of products and does have built in PayPal buttons and of course you have total flexability with your design. Explore both options.

2) I know you can buy domains from VH but I am not sure if they do every country extension. You can buy your chosen domain from any registrar and then change the nameservers to those of VH when you sign up for a hosting account.

All the best.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Γεια σου Μαργαριτα,

Yes, you can create a e-shop with BV but you need to add custom code in your pages (php) so you need someone to do it for you. Have a look at these two shops I have built with BV:

Yes, you can get a .gr domain from Greece, and simply point the DNS to your VH account.

.gr domains are national domains, regulated by the Greek Authorities. So you can only purchase a .gr domain from a Greek Registrar.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• ritassecret
        Private

• Jul 2010

Dear DarrenC, thanks for your reply. I'll take a look at the Soholaunch.

Dear Navaldesign thank you too very much for replying....The problem is that I need to have my e-shop done myself.

And the reason is that I've already paid 600 Euros(!!!) that's like 900 dollars to a "company" here in Greece and purchased an e-shop and they seem to be "cheaters"... I can't get to talk to them for any help (although they promised the best in the beginning) but only through email and that will be answered like after 5 days the least.

I can't co-operate with them anymore and I 'm soooo sad that I found out about Blue Voda and you all, only after I purchased the online-shop software from them. Nevermind I can change that.

I ll take a look at the Soholaunch, so that I won't have to have someone do the php for me...lol I have no idea on all these coding stuff and see if it works. When I purchase the BV hosting, I 'm sure I 'll have all the help I need from you guys..!

I already have 3 domains with .gr so that probably will make things easier.

Thanks again,
        Margarita

Comment

• ritassecret
          Private

• Jul 2010

Dear Navaldesign, hi again.

One more question pls.. You said ; "you can create an e-shop with BV but you need to add custom code in your pages (php) so you need someone to do it for you"

Can you pls be more specific? What is php and who could do it for me?
          Sorry if I make such questions, I'm so new to all this.

Thank you
          Margarita

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by ritassecret View Post
            Dear Navaldesign, hi again.

One more question pls.. You said ; "you can create an e-shop with BV but you need to add custom code in your pages (php) so you need someone to do it for you"

Can you pls be more specific? What is php and who could do it for me?
            Sorry if I make such questions, I'm so new to all this.

Thank you
            Margarita
            All carts have a backend. Usually it is based in PHP which is a programming language, and MySQL (which is also a programming language capable of managing SQL (Structured Query Language) database.

This code is responsible for creating the necessary interface that allows you to manage products, sales, customers etc, as well as adding the necessary functionality to your cart "public" pages.

As you understand, from the example carts I posted above, BV is used for the visual part of the cart, whilst the code is custom made and added in the BV pages. So you still have control over the look of the pages (you can change them yourself, in BV and publish them).

$900 ? too much... A custom made cart for BV can cost from as little as $240(aprox. Euro 200) as much as $600 (aprox Euro 500) depending on the functionalities that you need.

Even customized OSCommerce applications can cost much less than the Euro 900 you mentioned.

As you understand from my posts and my sugnature, I do this on a professional basis, so you can contact me, if you like, through my site contact form.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• ritassecret
              Private

• Jul 2010

Dear Navaldesign, thanks again.

You've been a great help. I will not forget your offer for help, I 'll defenately need it. I'll get back to you soon

Regards
              Margarita

Comment

• susannemoore
                Private First Class

• Jun 2010

CAn someone tell me if I can download Soholaunch and build the website BEFORE I disable the one that I currently have live which I built using BlueVoda? I am hestitant to download the Soholaunch application for fear that I will lose my current website. I know that I have to have my account reset BEFORE publishing Soholaunch. I have searched everywhere for an answer to this. To put my question another way;

"I have an existing and live website which I have built using BlueVoda. I don't want to lose this live site detail whilst I am building a new site. I now need to change it to Soholaunch for the e-commerce functionality. Can I start building in Soholaunch and when it is ready can I get my account reset? I would really appreciate some guidance on this.

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Originally posted by susannemoore View Post
                  CAn someone tell me if I can download Soholaunch and build the website BEFORE I disable the one that I currently have live which I built using BlueVoda? I am hestitant to download the Soholaunch application for fear that I will lose my current website. I know that I have to have my account reset BEFORE publishing Soholaunch. I have searched everywhere for an answer to this. To put my question another way;

"I have an existing and live website which I have built using BlueVoda. I don't want to lose this live site detail whilst I am building a new site. I now need to change it to Soholaunch for the e-commerce functionality. Can I start building in Soholaunch and when it is ready can I get my account reset? I would really appreciate some guidance on this.

Soholaunch is an online application while Blue Voda is a PC application.

You cant use Soholaunch on a PC like you use BV.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You can install Soho in a subdomain, so you will not loose anything.
                    Create a subdomain through c-panel, then go in Fantastico and install Soho in that subdomain.
                    You can link from BVto your Soho shop and viceversa
                    Navaldesign

Comment

• susannemoore
                      Private First Class

• Jun 2010

Thanks very much - I will give this a try. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                      X