X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linking pages

Please, how can I link my pages?
    I tried to link them, but I need html extension, but Blue Voda site builder creates bvp extension.

Re: linking pages

BV will convert its own format to .html pages when it publishes the pages. You need a VodaHost account to publish with BV. Have a look at http://www.vodahost.com/web-hosting-order.htm
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

BV recommends using html extension in URL when link a page. I mean a small window which we have to fill out in order to link the page. Should I use html extension? May I just brows for a file, but then BV will change extension for me?

Comment

As I said, BV will convert its files to .html (or .php, depending on your settings) when the page is published.

If, in example, you need to link to the page "contact" you will be putting in the URL field: http://www.yourdomain.com/contact.php (usually contact pages require to be php)

The page "products" can be linked as http://www.yourdomain.com/products.html

BV will NOT change the extension for you, the browse feature is intended for linking pages that are already saven on your computer as .html (built eventually with other sire builders)
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I would like to know how can link my pages as I tried everything without any resul, not all but the "opiniao" and "contactos" pages, can you fix those for me ?

Comment

those pages are probably .php so make sure you have linked them as .php and not as .html
            Navaldesign

Comment

how do i name my site from now

Comment

how do i name my site from now? i need an answer right now.

Comment

i want the site to bear my name as in khamessinvest.com

Comment

Do you have a hosting account with Vodahost ?
                    Did you purchase your domain name ?

Who are you ?

Please read How to ask for assistance
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Hi there
                      We are very new to this so please bear with us.
                      We are trying to set up a site for our group. We have the domain coreparanormalnz.com and have some template pages put together.

However we are totally bamboozled when it comes to the linking part of things.

Do we have to have joined voda before we can link any pages through hyperlink? Is that how it works? If so we will go ahead and do that, we just cant seem to find anything to let us know we are on the right track.

This is to do with the hyperlinks - I have it to the stage where I can get the extension to show in the hyperlink box but not the first half of the destination address ie:

Front page to team page:

Index to crew comes out looking like this:
                      ./corecrew.html

Does this just mean like I said above we have to be Vodahost members before the whole address shows up?

Thanks
                      Kiri

Comment

Links between your pages will NOT work until the pages are published. So, Yes, you need to Join VodaHost before you can do so.

You don't need to join VH for the lionks to show correctly.
                        The type of link you posted (./pagename.html) is usually only used in the built in form processor.

What type of links are you referring to ? Text links ? Image links ? button links ? Menu bar ? Navigation bar ? Go menu ?

In ALL of them you should be able to se the link as either absolute path (http://www.domain.com/pagename.html) or as relative path : pagename.html or ./pagename.html
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Oh ok thanks - I think I understand a lot more.

Its a mix of link types, text, page and from pics. They are just on processor at the moment as we started sorting things out before the domain was purchased. Im thinking we should be able to save them over to the domain in some way....

Thanks for the prompt reply...I will keep working on it and we will join up so we can get this thing moving along :)

Cheers
                          Kiri

Comment

Good advice!
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                            X