• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulsdunford
    First Sergeant

• Sep 2010

e-mail address

I am going to switch my hosting to vodahost, but need to be sure about setting up e-mail.

My domain is www.experttuning.co.uk

Will my e-mail be xxx@experttuning.co.uk or xxx@experttuning.com?

Your website implies ALL e-mail addresses will be .com, but that makes no sense for a .co.uk domain or for the owner of experttuning.com.

Thanks

Paul
  • zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Re: e-mail address

You will be provided with a cPanel where you will be able to set up unlimited emails.

Example:

youremail@experttuning.co.uk

It will all depend on the domain name you registered and own.

It your domain name is a .com then you email will be

yourdomainname@experttuning.com

Since your domain is experttuning.co.uk

your email will be whatever@experttuning.co.uk
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• DarrenC
      Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Just to add another slant on this

Your domain www.experttuning.co.uk is held at 123-reg, yes? Leave the domain there, but you will need to modify the name servers though which I'll come on to.

When you sign up with VH, use www.experttuning.co.uk as your primary domain. You will then recieve the CP login and publishing credentials via email. (along with the name servers of your new hosting account)

Modify the name servers at 123 to those VH give you.

Next login to the VH Cpanel, Find where it says 'add email address' and re-establish all your email addresses and give them passwords. With this done then you can sort out your mail clients such as 'Outlook' etc to download your emails.

Hope this helps
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• paulsdunford
        First Sergeant

• Sep 2010

Thank you. That makes sense. I had to enquire because the e-mail section elsewhere says e-mail addresses must be .com.

Link

says........

4) Remember your POP & SMTP setings are always mail.YourDomain.com

As I said, that didn't really make sense - but then so many things don't when it comes to technology so I thought I'd better be sure rather than waste hundreds of pounds on brochures I have to order ahead of setting up the mail.

Thanks again.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Do keep in mind there is both auto-setup and manual when using Outlook, and there are Tutorials to explain this, even though your extension is singularly not shown.

Your site is looking good, but remember to always publish your Contact page as .php .... as asked in your other thread.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X