transfer domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer domain

Hi, so I finally decided to buy VH hosting services, after hitting the order now! button i get 3 options, as I currently own the domain bf-mexico.mx I want to transfer it to the new host, but on the "want to transfer my domain" option the .mx doesnt appear on the list, only selecting the "update NS on existing domain" option I can set the correct domain name.

So in short question, is it possible to transfer my current bf-mexico.mx domain? and follow-up question, I plan to buy some other .com.mx and .mx domains, will I have any trouble transfering/setting-up those domains on my new VH account?

Re: transfer domain

Hi, thanks for selecting VodaHost...You can not transfer a .mx to us, a .mx is heavily regulated by the Mexican government...But all you have to do is contact the company you purchased it from them and ask them to update the "name server" DNS records to point to our name servers and it will work perfectly...We will provide you with full instructions in your welcome letter.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: transfer domain

Thanks for the fast answer!

So, on order page I'll select the update NS, once the VH account created and running I ask current provider to change the dns records to VH servers, will this be the same process for the future .com.mx and .mx domains I get?
      Also, all the content of the current site will have to be manually transfered to the new host, right?
      Finally, i want to set up an e-shop in 2 sites, so I will also buy the ssl certificate and static ip (I think both are needed to run the e-shop) will there be any trouble running the e-shop without the domains be transfered?

Comment

Working...
      X