X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to BV?

Hi

I was a member of BV - and very happy with the software and the support. I had a small non-commercial site but the domain and account expired over a year ago. Since then I've not had time to renew.

Now I'm in a position to renew and repost I am looking to subscribe again to BV.

However, when I look at my site back up files (stored on a portable hard drive) my brain goes to mush. The files are all .php and won't open in the BV site builder software.

Will I have to re-do the whole site page by page? Or will FTP-ing the back up files resolve this?

Can I re-build my site before subscribing or do I have to re-subscribe beforehand?

Does this make sense? Thanks in advance for any help.

C

Re: Returning to BV?

Depends on whether or not they were simple pages created using PHP or if they are backed up pages from a DB foundation, like a shopping cart, CMS, Wordpress, etc.
    If from a scripted foundation, you should also have the Database backed up and present, otherwise the pages will be "orphaned" and useless ....

Rather hard to see clearly from this distance ....
    How to ask for assistance

And no ... if you are not a "coder" there is no way for you to "set up" your PHP site without actually publishing the pages, and to publish (using Blue Voda or not) you will need to purchase a hosting account from VodaHost.

If you download Blue Voda and use it to create your web pages, you can save, preview, tweak, and refine your pages in an organized manner to your heart's content without being required to publish or to purchase hosting: when you're ready, simply purchase hosting and publish.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply, Vassili

Apologies for the obscurity and thanks for the info link but my domain expired: just in case you can still see the files (I doubt it), it was www.theinitiationproject.org

The pages were built using BV site builder and FTP-ed. They were all simple - just for info - no shopping, animation etc. I can't remember how I backed them up onto the portable drive......I've been through two laptops since then.

As I am not a coder I'd be grateful if you can offer any more help. I'm so dense here, I need an answer along the lines of "Rename your files as .bvp and then they will open in the BV software - you will not need to link them all together again before you upload them"......or something like that (renaming the files did not work, though).

Thanks

C

Comment

Sorry .... Blue Voda pages were never published via FTP, and until recently, have never been compatible with being created as or published PHP: Blue Voda is an HTML generator, and does not "build" pages in PHP although it will convert a script-based Contact page as PHP in order for the email Form script to function singly.

Try importing your PHP files into Blue Voda via the "recovery" method:
        FILE > NEW PAGE > FROM EXISTING HTML > select LOCAL

It might work .....

Comment

Thanks for your time and patience, Vasili - will do my homework.

Comment

Originally posted by Carleea View Post
            Thanks for your time and patience, Vasili - will do my homework.

Comment

Working...
            X