Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building with Blue Voda or Soholaunch?

I have a very good web site built with BV and very pleased with it. www.outdooractivities-in-essex.co.uk.

Now want to build a new site for another one of our businesses but need a shopping cart built in. We would have a few hundred products.

After looking around, am now very confused.

Do I use BV to build the site and incorporate a shopping cart into it?
    Do I use Soholaunch to build the site and cart?

Any help appreciated

G

Re: Building with Blue Voda or Soholaunch?

The only way you can use Blue Voda to create an eCommerce "cart" olution is by building a website and implementing the PayPal elements to process ... which can be rather laborious for some, and to others an ideal solution. Blue Voda, as a separate web building tool, is otherwise incompatible with other "shopping cart" methods.

As a VodaHost hosting customer, you can choose either Soholaunch, osCommerce, ZEN Cart, Cube Cart, or even Magento as fully capable eCommerce solutions.

Soholaunch is most probably the easiest to start with, however, and requires less of a learning curve. There are a number of free templates offered for Soholaunch also, which makes it simpler to put your mark on the cart.

Some comparisons between the cart solutions offered by VodaHost can be seen in this post >> Comparing Shopping Carts: Fantastico + Magento
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for reply.
      Do you actually build the whole site in Soholaunch ?

Comment

Yes, of course.
        It is a complete website builder and eCommerce tool and is an online application (meaning you must log into it to administrate it). You have a lot of homework yet to do .....

Learn. Explore. Be independent. Do!

Comment

OK. Now this may be a silly question. But how do you get into Soholaunch builder?

I have gone into control panel, clicked on Fantastico, clicked on Soholaunch and it shows as installed. Where do I go from here in order to open it?

G

Comment

FOLLOW THE LINKS SHOWN ON YOUR INSTALLATION PAGE .....

Of course, you will have to use your User Name and Password you established upon setup to Login properly .....

Comment

Working...
            X