• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • healthaffair.ndp
    Private

• Apr 2011

Linking the site's pages offline

Hello, I am new BlueVoda user from Greece.

First of all I want to congratulate you on your good work regarding the program! It made our lives a lot easier, for us who dont have a clue about html !

I have one question though, since I am having trouble with it, although I have read all the instructions in tutorial lessons;

I have created in my PC all the pages separately and I want to link them... but I cant. I havent bought space in your servers yet, I just wanted to create my site and test how it looks before I buy space. In preview mode, although I have followed the instructions, when I click on the menu bar to see the page I clicked on, BV cant find it (Error message appears).

Is it possible to link my pages while they are offline (not published in your servers)? If yes, how can I do it? And if there is a way, when I buy space in your servers will the pages' urls be updated automatically to the actual ones or do I have to do it manually?

Thank you in advance!
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Linking the site's pages offline

You are correct in that Blue Voda will only publish Blue Voda created web pages to a VodaHost server, and that means you must purchase hosting prior to attempting to Publish them.

Since the pages are not published online, they are not "real" and therefore the links will not properly operate (the pages cannot be linked, meaning you cannot navigate between them){ the pages are 'Temporary' pages only, seen in your browser directly from your hard drive as single files. Preview will show the action of the links (depending on how you create a Style for them), but they simply have nowhere to "go" without the pages being properly published. Pages must be published before they can be linked together ... they need to become real single objects online.

The processes involved in Naming, Saving, and Publishing pages in Blue Voda sets the natural heirarchy of page development, and once published, the URL is established based on your hosting account with the proper domain being associated. There is no way to "fake" creating URLs or to bypaqss the required HTML methods.

Katalavenete?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• healthaffair.ndp
      Private

• Apr 2011

Thank you very much Vasili, for your quick response, it was very helpful!

PS. Fysika kai katalavame ;)

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X