• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • austinj
    Private

• Apr 2011

requiring a login?

I am attempting to create a paysite and i would like to know how to create a login page, and how to grant and revoke access based on different subscriptions.
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: requiring a login?

You should look into one of the many free carts available to customers of VodaHost to best manage transactions for clients and either digital inventories or "protected area" participation. These carts (osCommerce, Soholaunch, ZEN, CUBE, and others) are acessed and installed via the Fantastico! section in each Control Panel of paid hosting account clients.

Alternatively, if you prefer to use a basic transactional website based on PayPal and pages created by Blue Voda, you can opt to use one of the Login Scripts already built in to Blue Voda as a feature, and personally I feel this alternatively designed "cart" might be the easiest for any novice to design effectively and implement. It can be done, but I suggest you plan every detail regarding structure and function before starting -- actually write it down to follow without missing a step or method.

A last option would be to use a CMS script such as Joomla, which is also available for free installation via Fantastico! to VodaHost clients, for many of the featres you might enjoy are pre-installed and others require only a simple plugin to attain.

You need to pencil your requirements first, then compare the available technologies to see which fills your needs best: this is something that you need to do yourself, learning from the many resources in the VodaHost Network. Start by introducing yourself to the Features of every VodaHost Hosting Account .... (a short list of available scripts are listed).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• austinj
      Private

• Apr 2011

Re: requiring a login?

Thank you for the informative reply!

Comment

Working...
      X