• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JenniF
    Private

• Jun 2012

Database

How would I create a database that is similar to a dating site...but it isn't a dating site. It is for a roommate referral service. I just want to have a database that pretty much updates when new people sign-up for the service. Is there a application that does this?? I am very interested in this and am eagerly waiting an answer so that I can create a website for this and join your community...
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Database

As a VodaHost Hosting client, you have the unlimited ability to create and independently manage Databases directly from your browser and Account Control Panel. There are Tutorials that show you how: MyPHPadmin Tutorials

Joining the Forums, however, is simply the first step in making your online vision a reality, as you can read many, many threads similar to your inquiry to discover the details of how to create such a site. Generally, you will need to find a specialized script that will do what you envision, whether or not you need to customize or tweak it a bit (which be simply turning features "on" or "off" accordingly). You can find scripts by doing a Google Search for some of the more popular and reliable scripts, and once you choose one, you can then install the script into the Root Directory of your hosting account of a single Domain to serve as the website you describe. Often these scripts automatically create the DB's they require, but this is not something you should count on ... nonetheless, for the most part, scripts come will instructions for proper installation and DB creation/configuration.

Not exactly a task for a beginner, to be sure, but not impossible either. It is all relative to you doing your due diligence and gaining the knowledge and skillset required to implement your Plan.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X