• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damop
    Private

• Oct 2012

Just getting started

Hello

I have seen a post here from an admin, saying I must give my site address, but I dont yet have a site address - that is part of my question! I have never built a site before, so my questions are very basic

I have downloaded BlueVoda and designed the site. Its a very basic site - site title, background picture, text, a navigation bar and main pictures on most pages plus a gallery page and a contact me form and guestbook on the final page: nine pages in total.

What do I do next? What does "publish" mean? Does it mean that the site is on the net: I havent yet signed up to vodahost - so how can it be? If I press publish will I get a message saying I need to sign up?

Other hosts I have visited have a trial period before you sign up and do you not have to sign up to the host: where you can iron out any problems ie you can see your site with all the linked pages and check the links but it is not live on the net and you do not have to commit to them as your host ie pay! Do Voda have this or do you have to sign up to Voda as a host to test-run your site as if it was on the net? I have a couple of issues with sizing the background image (being left with white space around the image I do not want) and style of navigation button (intially used a standard "submit" button made transparent as the nav buttons before I found the nav button tool: I like the orginal button I used but cant find a nav button style I like)

I am not building this site for myself - but for a friend: and she has not yet finally decided a URL for the site and registered the Doman name etc - do I have to have this done before I can test the site? If I register the doman name via Voda who owns it - us or Voda ie if, at some stage in the future, we wished to change the host would we be able to if we registered the name via Voda?

Thanks for your assistance!
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Just getting started

1) I think its best you watch the Tutorials from A-Z.
    2) We have an unlimited trial period, play & practice with our software for as long as you like, take your time building your website. when you are 100% happy sign up and publish.

Complete Web-Building Tutorial Library

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X