This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• australian domains

Voda host cannot transfer the .com.au domain name to their registra but I am wanting to build this website for my client on Blue Voda so should i just redirect the name servers at the current register to point to voda host account name servers?

Re: australian extensions domain name redirection question

Also is there a downside to name redirections that I should be aware of/

Comment

Originally posted by outbackjackie View Post
      Voda host cannot transfer the .com.au domain name to their registra but I am wanting to build this website for my client on Blue Voda so should i just redirect the name servers at the current register to point to voda host account name servers?
      CORRECT. Simply enter the VodaHost nameservers at the Registrar so the hosting/website can display.

Also is there a downside to name redirections that I should be aware of/
      None - it does not matter where the Domain is hosted.

THERE IS some degree of issue, however, with localized Domains (.co.uk, .au, etc.) as opposed to strictly ".com" Domains, in that they are also localized (most say 'trapped') on Search Hubs primarily, and then only indexed according to relevance on the WWW as a whole as a much lesser priority than a ".com" Domain. This may or may not be significantly noticable (depending on the genre and Build of the site), but the hierarchy (and importance of these 'performance' distinctions) with regard to SERP position and overall ranking does remain despite the efforts to overcome them. But, you knew this, yes?
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Was thinking more along the line of down time as the name is on one server and the site on another not sure if this doubles the chances. The localised issue is not really an issue here as it is a "bricks and mortar" business that only serves Australian customers with their services not an online store etc. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question I appreciate it. I am kind of stuck on using blue voda as it is so simple yet so versatile and I don't like wordpress lol

Comment

Was thinking more along the line of down time as the name is on one server and the site on another not sure if this doubles the chances.
          That's not how the Net works, really, so over-thinking (inventing a logic) like this does you no good.

There is no better, more reliable, more feature-filled hosting provider available, really! Looking forward to working with you soon!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X