Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SohoLaunch template into BV-help

Hi all....
    I purchased a template from an approved site, had it modified for SohoLaunch and have started building my website. SohoLaunch does not give me the freedom to design my product pages the way I wanted to.

Questions:
    Can I install this Soholaunch template into BV?

Will BV and an approved shopping cart give me the freedom of design?

Which shopping cart will give me the ability to use PayPal as my only merchant PLUS allow me to place my products the way I want?

Any and all help is appreciated! I am such a newbie :-/
    thanks
    dori
    Naturally Yours,
    Dori
    www.earthelixirs.com
    www.earthelixirsinc.com
    www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
    www.virtualdesigndiva.com
    www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Re: SohoLaunch template into BV-help

Dori,
    I use BV not Soho for that very reason. I want the freedom of design that that cart doesn't allow.

However, a Soho template is not compatible with BV - but if you want to design your pages - why not design the template too?

Paypal will work with BV - you'll just need to input the code to each product.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Bethers!
      I really like a lot of the features that Soho has to offer.. but I want that freedom too!
      Being that you have used both... do you know if I can insert another shopping cart in Soho that will give me the freedom I desire? Or is my only option to use the Soho shopping cart?

On the template design... I really, really love the template that I have now. I would love to be able to salvage it. Do you know if there is a way to make the Soho template compatible with BV?

I really appreciate your expertise.... thanks!
      dori
      Naturally Yours,
      Dori
      www.earthelixirs.com
      www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Soho is it's own shopping cart.

How about designing a template in BV that looks like that template? It probably would be pretty easy.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

You are too funny Bethers! I do not have the skills to handle that quite yet. What I will do is continue in Soho and get my website up and running. Once it is up and I am not stressing so much... I will try my hand at building the template I desire in BV.
          Thanks again
          dori
          Naturally Yours,
          Dori
          www.earthelixirs.com
          www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Dori,

BV makes doing that really easy - if you give me a way to see the template, I'll take a shot at it for you - you can email me the link if you aren't ready to post it here. beth at moxie-enter-prises.com
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

You are a Goddess, Bethers! I have just sent you an email from my 'day job' email dori at PGA TOUR. I really appreciate you looking at this for me
              One of these days I will have my link posted... really.... and that will be a day to celebrate!
              Thank you again for your help!
              Naturally Yours,
              Dori
              www.earthelixirs.com
              www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Hey Dori and Beth,
                Joe Lain with Soholaunch here. You can use a customized shopping cart template by adding a cart.html file to your template folder. The cart.html file can be customized just like your index.html file. More information on templates and the files you can use to customize them can be found at http://wiki.soholaunch.com

Hope this helps!

Comment

Joe,
                  I do not see how that will allow for the design of the product pages - which is the initial concern. And is why I decided against Soho - one major problem, for example - is that you say "more information" but when you click on it you only can have the SAME info with more pictures. That's not worth while when you want to have the products with a small amount of info - then you click for the details.

I asked you about this over 6 months ago - and I saw in your forum that others have since, also. That meant that when I designed in Soho, I had to make each product page separately - then I had to link to them - etc etc - While Soho is very easy and I see it is improving - it doesn't allow for easy customization - and that one feature alone will keep me from using it. (I don't know if you've improved on shipping options, either - because that was the 2nd major area that caused me to drop Soho).

That said - I love designing in BV and probably wouldn't change that now - and I do recommend Soho if it can work for the right application.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

I agree with Bethers, Joe. For the right person Soho is great, but if you need more customization it, as many do, it has its limits. Keep up the great work... I will be interested to see how Soholaunch grows over time!
                    Thank you for the information.
                    dori
                    Naturally Yours,
                    Dori
                    www.earthelixirs.com
                    www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
                      one major problem, for example - is that you say "more information" but when you click on it you only can have the SAME info with more pictures.
                      Funny you mention this, we just made it possible to have a short and long description in one of our most recent releases. :)

Originally posted by Bethers
                      While Soho is very easy and I see it is improving - it doesn't allow for easy customization - and that one feature alone will keep me from using it. (I don't know if you've improved on shipping options, either - because that was the 2nd major area that caused me to drop Soho).
                      A few things have been added to shipping options but nothing major. I know we have had a few clients asking about it and I think there may be a plugin on the way that adds more options.

Comment

Now, Joe, that change on "more information" is great news - and I'll be able to tell more about Soho because of it.

Now, when you have the shipping options improved, please let us know that also. You just might get a store from me yet!
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I'll be sure to let you know. Talk to you soon Beth and Dori!

Comment

I have a template that i ordered from 4templates.com and when I log into Soholaunch Cpanel and try to upload the template zip file, it says that there is an error, so i tried uploading each page, homepage, subpage 1, subpage 2 into it and it said it was successfully uploaded, but a note to the side in red said it was not in format. can you tell me what that means and anyone have a link or advice as to what I can do to get the template uploaded and able to make revisions to accommodate my site?

Comment

media,

Im not familiar with that website, but i am going to venture that its not a compatible template for soholaunch. Just because you purchase a template doesnt mean it will work with any builder you choose to install it on. Each builder has some protocols of what will and will not work. I suggest you go to the soho forum and read up on template customization and how you might use the graphics etc with soholaunch customized template. That way you might salvage some of your investment.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                              X