Gateway in Soho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gateway in Soho

Okay, things are going great with Soho. Site is up, launched and have been using Paypal. Added a Gateway for online processing, and things aren't working with it. Mainly that I get an error "unable to process credit card, credit card not charged" then the "Error:" text but no error number code following. After speaking with the Gateway people (one listed on the paypment options for Soho) they say if there isn't a Error number code it is a problem with Soho. I'm thinking this there must be something I did wrong when I added the Gateway in addition to Paypal, but I've tried everything I can think of what else to try. If no one has a solution I will just issue a support ticket. Anyone out there got an easy fix?
    Yoder

Re: Having problems with my Gateway in Soho

No easy fix. Perhaps you have your gateway set to require information NOT coming over on soho, because: 1:) you didnt set it up in soho and require it, Or two..its not coming over in soho.

If you are using authorize.net.. someone else just had this EXACT problem that was supposed to have been updated, but for whatever reason wasnt. Its supposed to be available or fixed in the next update. If thats not your gateway.. then i suggest you get ahold of mike over on the soho launch forum via pm to look at your gateway setup. You probably will get a quicker answer by pm over there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

BTW.. I just went and looked and that update is NOW available. Go to webmaster icon, then click software, then check for updates. Make sure you do each one and logout between them...latest one .53r is the one that has the authorize.net fix in it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Karen,

I have done the r51 (stable upgrade) but I play things pretty cautious so I haven't done the r53 (latest). My gateway is Innovative Gateway, so I'm not sure the upgrade would do much for me anyway.

It's sounds like you are suggesting a support ticket. If you think the r53 still may be the problem (and you feel it free of bugs) let me know. I don't want anything to compound my problem.

Thanks again for the response.

Yoder
        Yoder

Comment

Is Innovative Gateway an accepted gateway with Soho?

And Karen would not have suggested you do the upgrades if she didn't feel they were necessary.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Support ticket wont fix your gateway settings either way. If you dont know what it is.. check mike at soho and have him look to see if its the same issue as happened with authorize.net.

If its not there.. its your settings or requirements in your gateway not matching the soho requirements.

And you should update as soon as they are stable at the minimum. I usually do them rather they are or not.
            Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks for all the help Karen. I will do the upgrade and if that doesn't do it, I will check with mike.

Thanks again. I appreciate it.

yoder
              Yoder

Comment

Sorry Karen, one last bit of help! I thought I could contact Mike by going to the Soho website. I can't seem to find how to do that? Sorry for my ignorance, but could you point me to Mike. How do I get a hold of him?

Thanks again for your time and patience.
                Yoder

Comment

Yoder, I'm glad you like Soho - and when someone is looking for an ecommerce solution where Soho makes sense, it's good that you speak up and say what you like about it. BUT you've been telling people who aren't looking for ecommerce to use Soho, as it's easier than BV.

I don't find Soho easier - simply different. And Soho is great for some people for ecommerce, but also, because it has some limitations, it won't work for other applications, even in ecommerce.

Please, read the posts and know what people are looking for before you send them to use something that isn't made for them.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

I think his screen name is Mike Morrison, he has a cat as an avatar, and if you check the stickies hes usually the one that makes them. Pm him or private message him and ask him to have a look.

Its on the forum not general site.. under support

http://forum.soholaunch.com/

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks a million Karen! Got the message sent!

Bethers,
                      Sorry. I don't want to mislead people...but...Soho doesn't have to be used as an e-commerce site. The first six months my website was up I didn't even have the shopping cart attached or visible. It is a very simple and easy site builder, and when using the set-up wizard, you can be up and running very quickly with your base pages of "Home, about us, contact us, etc".

Easier being relative to the user, I guess in my own opinion after trying both, I found that Soho took less time to set up and manage. It also allowed me to slowly venture into the shopping cart since the programming was built in.

Let me know your thoughts. Again, I think I mentioned that both BlueVoda and Soho were great, and you don't have to use the e-commerce in Soho if you don't want to.
                      Yoder

Comment

Got it fixed! Mike at Soholaunch says the fix will be included in the next wrap (v4.9 r54) due out at the end of this week!

Thanks to Karen Mac for her patience and knowledge! You Rock!
                        Yoder

Comment

LOL.. Youre welcome! My Bill is in the mail!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I am trying to use Paypal Website Payments Pro. But I am not sure how to integrate it with the shopping cart in soholaunch.

Comment

I dont believe they have paypal pro integrated with soholaunch cart, just regular paypal. However, you might find one of the developers could tweak that and make it work. check the soho forum

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X