Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Authorising Users

Naval,
    I just want to make sure I understand - to do this, a person would have to work both within Soho and within BV? - so he or she would have to have pages in both for the same website?

And are you saying that this will allow each person to have different logins - and will assign them automatically?

And, he needs people to register from the Soho home page. Am I missing something, or did you just put it on another page to test it?

And, when Soho does their automatic updates will this be a problem?
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Naval,

I havent had time yet to go play, but.. I have a couple of questions... What happens when soho does updates? And will this have any effect on the system itself? And.. Does it require both bv and soho pages?

LOL... Lemme go look in the am, or tomorrow afternoon... right in the middle of things now...but was just curious about those two issues.

Well three issues... does this interfere in the payment process?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

LOL Karen - great minds think alike!
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I just want to make sure I understand - to do this, a person would have to work both within Soho and within BV? - so he or she would have to have pages in both for the same website?

I havent played yet, but i beleive that i could also create the necessary register / loggin / remind password etc pages directly in Soho.
          If that is not possible, then yes, some 3 - 4 pages must be created in BV, within the same folder of the Soho site, as i did. Then, he should also upload on the same folder, the necessary php scripts that make part of it.

And are you saying that this will allow each person to have different logins - and will assign them automatically?

Excactly. And the Admin can also create user groups, and guest accounts. privilleges are defined from within the Admin's control panel. Usernames and passwords are selected by the user (just as it is done in this forum) and checked for being unique before accepted. Account activation may be manual (by the Admin), automatic, automatic after email confirmation, automatic after payment, automatic after payment and email confirmation-

And, he needs people to register from the Soho home page. Am I missing something, or did you just put it on another page to test it?

Users can be asked directly to loggin, or, as i have set it up, which i beleive is better, they are asked to loggin only when they try to reach a protected page. Once they do, the script will allow accees to ALL pages for which this user/pass are allowed.

And, when Soho does their automatic updates will this be a problem?

No, the script is called directly from within the page. Once the code is uploaded in the includes folder, it is not affected by automatic updates or even page updates (unless ofcourse you delete it from the page)
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac
            Naval,

I havent had time yet to go play, but.. I have a couple of questions... What happens when soho does updates? And will this have any effect on the system itself? And.. Does it require both bv and soho pages?

LOL... Lemme go look in the am, or tomorrow afternoon... right in the middle of things now...but was just curious about those two issues.

Well three issues... does this interfere in the payment process?

Karen
            Not sure which payment process you refer to Karen. However, there is also one more appropriate but CUSTOM MADE solution, that would be ideal:

a script that will update DIRECTLY Soho's groups database. Every single user would be added in that database, no autorisation check should be done, you would simply add the pages in the ones where only members have access to, and soho would do the rest itself.

It is easy (theoretically) to adapt my script for that purpose.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval

You were saying it updates the databases.. etc from all users. Say I had a customer make a purchase, this script adding her to the database wouldnt interfere in the credit card check out part of the shopping cart? (payment process)

Perhaps im not making sense as Im tired.. LONG day! I need to get rich faster so i can quit this DAY job..LOL

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen,

i'm not sure (i have not had much time playing with Soho). To be sure, i would need to investigate, OR, let you explain to me.

Let me clarify: up to this moment, i have only dealed with the loggin issue: how you can protect a soho page, with single user loggin (not group loggin, which you can do directly in Soho), and also allow the potential member to register by himself and activate his account according to the Admin's options.

Now, if this is going to have to interact with Soho's shopping Cart, i would need to examine the relationship between Soho's customer database table(if there is one, as i said, i have not spent much time with Soho) and Soho's user groups database table.

In any case, a third part CUSTOM made script, would, in any case, have the ability to update BOTH Soho's tables so i don't see why that would create any problem with the shopping cart. If the script uses the same tables that Soho uses, and if it followes Soho's requirements, it would be very feasible, and would NOT create any problem.

The same script, ofcourse, should perform all necessary checks and validations, uppon user registration, to avoid conflicts and double entries. This is a standard procedure with our script, where username, password and email address are unique. The concept could be extended to Customer name etc.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Naval,

I think soho runs two different tables for payments/customers and user access, at least i hope so. Id have to go play in mysql to tell you for sure, but it would make more sense to do so, then to try to code one attribute to seperate them. If at any time you would like to sign into my cpanel and look into to just dash me of an email or .. pm on msn.. or aim.. or lets see.. LOL i think i have yahoo too.. just let me know and i will give u that info.

Now major question is.. what would be your charge to do this? or to make the ADD on available?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Karen, just contact me privately at info @ dbtechnosystems.com . New applications are always very challenging to me, especially when the result will also have a commercial use, so we shall find a common standing point, no worries about this. I will just need some time as i have to deliver three projects and i will also need to analyze Soho's structure. If this is not a problem for say a week or 10 days, we can go on.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Naval,

Im in no hurry, as I dont need this sort of system really, I mean I could use it on the dropship thing, but I was offering to let you install or look at the structure of a working site with ecommerce so you would be better able to define the variables.

Now.. there is one that i know SEVERAL people would want to buy into and that would be a shipping module that allowed various shipping methods, and I guarantee you I could get you sign ups ALL over for that one! Its asked for constantly. SOHO keeps saying they are going to do it, but it gets put aside for something else. Ive been told if i can get the api codes to work for various methods like dhl, and get it installed they will update the database to allow the customer to choose from more than one method, which .. LOL would be the easy part, just add a BOX in the form.

Just off the top of my head I know about 10 people personally that would purchase that little job, not to mention the MANY that have requested it in the soho forum.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen, can you email me some info on this thing ? (when you have some time) i might be well interested. And i do apreciate your offer about entering your CP to have a look at a really working Soho database. Thank you
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                        X