• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lorena771
    Master Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Help with CSV Files

With my daughter's help, I've finally gotten my image files uploaded but still haven't figured out why I can't access the csv file that I think I created and uploaded by downloading to excel from the- product_descriptions file creating the dl_table_action file and then copying and pasting my columns into it then re-uploading it, and is listed in the file manager under spreadsheets & csv files on my site. How do I poulate the descriptions, images,prices & shipping options into the cart without doing each product individually?
    I've tried unsuccessfully to upload it both in cpanel and in my site's files.
    I know this is supposed to be easier than this...I am feeling very incompetent here... Can someone guide me...as I guess I'm not "getting it" from the tutorials and seems I can't find what I need in the forum.
    Dazed & confused........
    Thank you,
    Lorena
    www.bounteousbasket.com
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: help with csv files

Lorena,

This should be in the soho room. You dont CREATE a table to upload your csv file, you use the one already there in site tables named cart_products.

I explained this in this thread...

Its also CLEARLY out lined in the soho launch manual on how to IMPORT the csv file you upload to populate the database.

It HELPS if you stick to the area you need assistance with, and if its soho, then it needs to be in the soho thread. It also helps if you READ the information and refererences you are given instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Lorena771
      Master Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Re: help with csv files

Hi Karen,
      I apologize if it seems I haven't read the threads or tutorials, but I truly have numerous times. I wouldn't have a clue about re-inventing this wheel!! I do have a big learning curve here & I guess I havn't caught onto all the lingo yet. I thank you for all your time & effort. I'll go re-re-re-read, & hopefully catch on this time.
      Thank you,
      Lorena
      www.bounteousbasket.com

Comment

Working...
      X