File manager uploading in soho.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File manager uploading in soho.

Seems there is a limit to file size uploading through file manager in soho? I'm keeping .pdf files to a managable size (500k-6MB), but uploading multiple files seems to time it out. I have tried one file at a time, but it is VERY slow, and sometimes it will finish the upload, sometimes it won't. I have close to 2,000 files, and this will take a decade at this rate.

I posted an ftp question in the general issues forum, but have not received any replies. Is there another way of uploading from soho? I know I must be overlooking something.

Paul

Re: File manager uploading in soho.

Paul

pdf files tend to be heavy with pics.. is that what you are uploading? You could also be having issues with your internet connection or modem. Is your usage monitored?

Also try making sure ACORREAD isnt running in the background hogging up resources for these files. Other than that I dont have any answers for you. I dont THINK soho has a limit on the file uploads. Im guessing youd have this issue rather it was soho or not. Upload a few regular ftp and see if its just as slow.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Probably. I don't have any issues, and uploading to other sites, like photobucket etc, is not a problem. My .pdf are all text/grayscales with low dpi, so nothing REALLY major. Just seems to be slow.

Now about regular ftp uploading. Cannot get in to my ftp login page. Just states a windows error and terminates. "Windows cannot access..." Followed the instructions on my initial welcome email from vodahost.

I had posted the complete version in general support issues forums, but it either got moved (and I can't find it) or got deleted.

Suggestions?

Paul

Comment

If your are attempting to ftp via the browser bar, just click OK to that error, then go to file : login as, and then enter your name and password there.

Sorry I missed this been busy as heck.. ok.. HELL!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Still does not work. Even tried FLING and Cuteftp. The problem here is not connecting to my site.

I pulled up my ORIGINAL email from vodahost, you know, the one with all your email, POP access, FTP, and account information? (I believe it is the one they send you AFTER propogation), and made SURE that all the information: ftp: mysite . com, user id, and password was correct, and tried to connect.

Again the error message unable to connect. I simply MUST have overlooked something, but after 11 hours of experimenting, nothing is working. I have nearly 1,500 files that NEED to be uploaded and having the soho file manager hang every time on the second file is not going to work. I'm on DSL, and everything works fine for other sites, just not with the voda server.

Any ideas?

Paul

customer id: 14971

Comment

Working...
          X