• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tseguin
    Private First Class

• Nov 2007

Pictures and products

Hi my names are Teri. I am a newbie to this forum. Let me just say in advance that I'm appreciative of your time and help! My first question is. How do I up load products to my site? I am using Soho Launch. I don’t want to add my pictures and products to my site one by one if I don’t have to, is there a way to upload them faster. Do I have to purchase a ftp program? And is there a way to type all my information on my products on a sheet like excel and then upload them to my site.
    Any help with this would be appreciated. I have looked thought the forum all day and can’t find any information on this subject.
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Pictures and products

Teri, yes you can do this, umm theres free ftp programs, or you can download blue voda, then go to tools, and then ftp using that if you like. I suggest you put at least one product into the store, then go to the database manager, systems, then the cart_products and download, import to excell and you will see the setup you need, now u dont need all the columns but you do need to set up your categories in the cart first and use this category number on your new spreadsheet, otherwise all your products will dump into one category. Copy your original information to a NEW sheet, and then add the appropriate headers. save as CSV. Then go back to the data base manager and IMPORT your saved file and answer the appropriate questions as they pop up there, bam youre done except for uploading your images to the image folder.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• tseguin
      Private First Class

• Nov 2007

Can I have both blue voda and voda host on my system. Can I use blue vodaa to ftp. dose it have a ftp program or do i have to purchace on?

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by tseguin View Post
        Can I have both blue voda and voda host on my system. Can I use blue vodaa to ftp. dose it have a ftp program or do i have to purchace on?
        Can you rephrase that question in english?

First you dont have voda host on your system, i assume by system you mean your computer. Its only on the internet.

Secondly you can download the BLUE VODA BUILDER to your desktop and use the ftp built within it. It doesnt cost anything.

Soho is installed on your vodahost system on the internet in a folder or as your main domain, and if you use blue ftp to upload images it wont interfere with soho, if thats what you mean. You however cannot make bv pages and install them to soho.

You can use the soho file manager to upload images, but ten at a time. Try running a search for cute ftp, or filezilla, or a hundred other ftp clients. most all have trials if not free versions. you can use explorer to ftp as well.

Dont confuse yourself, or me either!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X