Creating/installing menu buttons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating/installing menu buttons.

I there any way that someone could tell me how to create and insert menu buttons into my webpage via soholaunch? I have had many problems and found all the answers by reading current posts. I have searched EVERYWHERE and found several "oh just do this" and it did not help.
    Can anyone give me advice on where to go for how to install menu buttons for the not even as smart as a dummie....apparently.

www.theamistadman.com

Re: Creating/installing menu buttons.

There are premade buttons and if you look on your menu navigation middle of the page is where you set the colors of buttons and font. Some templates do not allow for buttons.

If you dont want the square css buttons you have to 1.) alter the template for the menu navigation php includes (which is NOT the same as your site template) or 2.) purchase an addon

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Well first of all thanks for the quick response. It doesn't take long to figure outthat YOU are like the guru of BV/SOHO. I did try to reply but I have been having problems with even my log in attempts for this forum.

I have now purchased a premade template, complete with text and everything. I received it in a zipped file via e-mail. My problem now is getting it up onto my website. I have searched this forum and even went to a forum for *** X2 and have not been able to find any assistance. Does anybody have a link to a tutorial or something that would show me how to get my template up onto my site.
      Thanks again Karen!

Comment

Go to the template manager and in the middle there it has your template view and then the next tab you can upload the template ZIP file.. browse find it on your computer then click the upload.. go back to the first tab and find it on the list and on the right click use template. Your template will now be installed.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I'm sorry Karen, I believe I misinformed you? I purchased a web set that needs to be put together first and then placed on my site. The woman I purchased it from has already added the text that I chose as well as additional pieces and a blank button. She e-mailed the puzzle pieces to me in a zipped file. I have already uploaded the file to the template manager however I don't know how to open up the individual (slices?) puzzle pieces and put the "puzzle" together to create the actual page. In my defense.........I have been working on my site for approximately 3 weeks now and have had many problems. I have found all the answers on this forum somewhere or another. I have researched for days on this forum as well as paint shop pro X2 forum and can not find the answers I need. I am throwing in the towel because I am beginning to see AA in my near future and I don't even drink..................yet!!! I don't want to be one of those people who makes you want to pull your hair out. Anyone who can help me, I would greatly appreciate it!
          Thanks guys, Tina Gwynne

Comment

Tina

I regret to inform you you most likely will have to pay someone to PUT the pieces together in soho. You cant use just ANY template.. it needs the css style sheet for soho and the includes as well or it wont work in soho.

AA wont be able to fix it.. sorry.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Templates

Well I have checked everywhere I can possibly think and still can not find the answer. I don't think the tutorials are really very helpful when needed. It is very helpful with the things that are not really that difficult to figure out on your own with a little determination. I think it is very deceiving to lead people to believe that "Building a Great Website" is possible for anyone. That is absolutely not true. I believe you DO have to have basic knowledge of web building. At least knowledge of things like style sheets, css and so on! Is there anybody that can tell me who I might be able to get to help me figure out how to install a template that is currently in a zip file. I know I will have to pay which is something else I didn't think I would have to do but I have had this account for approximately 1 month and I need to get my website together.......especially since it is live! Any help as far as who I can contact would be greatly appreciated. Please do not respond with more web designer lingo as it means absolutely nothing to me. That's why I purchased BV, I thought it was for amateurs.

Comment

Re: Templates

Tina

If its a SOHO template, I told you in the OTHER thread how to do it. If its NOT a soho template, you need to click that link in the storebuilder on the template manager about customizing a template. Its a down load ebook of sorts and it will explain it to you in detail.

If you want to purchase a PREMADE soho template.. or choose one of hundreds that are free.. besides the ones already installed in soho.. then visit the addons site

www.addons.soholaunch.com

The reason the tutorials dont cover this.. is because it requires some knowledge and know how.

BV is a totally different builder and is NOT used in developing SOHOLAUNCH sites. It has its own tutorials. While they both build websites they arent compatible.. its like comparing a typewriter to a computer.. they both can print out documents but not in the same manner.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                X