When I make a webpage secure with password will google bots still see and list it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steve horbach
    Sergeant

• Sep 2007

When I make a webpage secure with password will google bots still see and list it?

When I make a webpage secure by adding a password through the secure user plugin will google and other search engine bots still index it?

www.the**********girl.com
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: When I make a webpage secure with password will google bots still see and list it

no, because they cant login.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Justallsorts
      Sergeant

• Jan 2008

Re: When I make a webpage secure with password will google bots still see and list it

Put this "between head tag"

<meta name="robots" content="noindex">

Comment

• steve horbach
        Sergeant

• Sep 2007

Thanks Karen and justallsorts, is there any way to make it so the pages will still be indexed by the bots? and if not what about the subpages that I have on the protected page. The subpages are not protected but I am afraid that google and the likes wont be able to index them propper because they are linked to on the protected pages. I get most of my trafic through search engines from these pages and I just protected them to get people to register to my site but dont want to lose trafic. I should mention this is a soho launch built site. Any info will be apreciated.
        Thanks Steve
        www.the**********girl.com

Comment

• Karen Mac
          General

• Apr 2006

No the other pages likely wont be found unless you LINK to them from outside of the protected folder.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• steve horbach
            Sergeant

• Sep 2007

Thanks karen, thats what I was thinking just wanted to make sure. I guess it would be best to somehow password protect the links to the files on the pages. Can you give me a hint on how I might do this in Soho? The files are .jad that i need to password protect but they need to be in the same directory as their .cod files. any help would be apreciated.

Thanks Steve

Comment

Working...
            X