• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • koolspaces.com
    Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2007

Can't Access My Soho

I am trying to access SohoLaunch by typing in at my browser: http://mydomainname.com/sohoadmin but I get an error message that says "Document Can Not Be Found."
    What am I doing wrong?
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Maintaining SOHO

Originally posted by koolspaces.com View Post
    I am trying to access SohoLaunch by typing in at my browser: http://mydomainname.com/sohoadmin but I get an error message that says "Document Can Not Be Found."
    What am I doing wrong?
    try http://www.MyDomain.com/sohoadmin/

If that does not work, then it appears you either did not install it in the proper directory, or there was an issue installing overall.
    Access your VodaHost Control Panle and via FILE MANAGER try to deduce where the installation actually resides.
    Another way to locate it (and the Admin panel) is to go via Fantastico, and clik on Soholaunch to reveal not only current installations, but links to Site and Admin ....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• koolspaces.com
      Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2007

I removed the old instance of SohoLaunch and from Fantastico I chose the install button which lists from a pull-down box (fixed) duedatereminder.com. Then, I enter a username and password and click finish. In other words, I was not given the choice of which directory I would like to install it on. TY

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Soho can not be installed in a simple directory, as it is domain related.

If you want to install Soho in a subdirectory (folder) you must FIRST create a subdomain (which will create a folder) and then install Soho through Fantastico in THAT specific subdomain.

If you install SOho as you described above, it willl be installed on the main (root) folder.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• koolspaces.com
          Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2007

I have an old website in my root directory that I have asked BV to delete so I can finish the installation of Soho but for some reason they do not seem to understand what I am asking them to do. After completing the username and password info I should be given a link so I then can begin building my new website. I don't get this link or this step. Any suggestions? TY

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

What you should ask is a complete "reset" of the account.

However, you can do that yourself, deleting ALL files and subfolders created by BV in your root folder.

You are NOT given any link by VodaHost. When you install Soho, and IF you provide your email address duting installation AND you check the "Send my details...." option, you will recieve an AUTOMATED email from the installation wizard, which contains the username, password, and links.

Which, anyway, is http://www.yourdomain.com/sohoadmin
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• koolspaces.com
              Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2007

Re: Can't Access My Soho

Still not working. I removed the old install and the new install says I chose to install in the main directory of duedatereminder.com, then it asks to "Finish Installation" but when I click on duedatereminder.com/sohoadmin/ I get an error message that says I/E cannot display the webpage. I also clicked on the e-mail notification that includes the links I need to begin building my website but I never received any e-mail.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

duedatereminder.com doesn't exist at all

You might have some other issue. Is this the only domain in this account ?

If yes, connect with FTP and see if there are any files in "public_html"

If there are, pls check with VodaHost what is happening.
                Navaldesign

Comment

• koolspaces.com
                  Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2007

Thanks for your help, NavalDesign.
                  duedatereminder.com doesn't exist as I have never been able to get into SohoLaunch to build it.

There are four files: cgi-bin; sohoadmin; fantasico_fileslist.txt and fantversion.php.

Yes, there was another website I was using but now that has been deleted.

Vodohost doesn't seem to know what's going on and I think perhaps it has something to do with a different person answering my help questions and therefore not in the loop. P.S. As a test I sent e-mail to and from this account and it has been returned to me as undeliverable.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Actually, unless you have enabled "No Indexing" in the Index Manager in your CPanel, I should be able to see at least the public_html folder, even if empty. Since I can't see anything, there MUST be something wrong.

If you wish, send me your login details through my site contact form and I will see whats wrong.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X