• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scubadiver
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

changes made

I redid the banner. I did the icons separately thinking the links would work then. But they still don't. I don't know what to do. What do you think about the background and the new header? www.hawaiionyourown.com
    www.hawaiionyourown.com
  • beegud2
    Major General

• Apr 2006

Re: changes made

Ok...looks good BUT could use some centering....center the pics etc in you header and my be reduce its' height a bit; center text and falshing pic also in center - jsut select and click on layout and align to center horizontally.

You ae getting there...oh and I do lovethe banner...especially as I love tropical flowers myself.

DO you want me to send you a few gis and jpgs of tropical stuff I have for you to use ? Just send me and e-mail if you wan them and I will
    Beezz
    sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

• scubadiver
      Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

Thanks, the align doesn't light in my version even though the header is selected. I don't know what you mean about centering the pics. I have tried to line them up.
      www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You can download the newest version of Blue Voda without disturbing your created pages whatsoever, and this is the simplest way to get the new tools loaded into your version of BV.

If you decide not to re-load BV, it's really pretty easy to use the Guide itself as an alignment tool....if your site is 800 wide, merely position the line at 400 and you can manually move elements until the little blue tag box is square on the Guide line....

Or...the old fashioned way is to know exactly how wide every element is, and use the X-Y axis tool (lower right hand corner of the BV browser bar) to move to the exact position you need: it will show the exact "line" axis of the upper left corner of an image, for example, and if the image was 646 wide, then you would want to move the image until the numbers showed x:77 y:0 if it was flush to the top of the page - centered...> You take the width 646, halved at 323 and subtract it from the value of your center (400) equals 77....see?
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Vasili
          You can download the newest version of Blue Voda without disturbing your created pages whatsoever, and this is the simplest way to get the new tools loaded into your version of BV.

If you decide not to re-load BV, it's really pretty easy to use the Guide itself as an alignment tool....if your site is 800 wide, merely position the line at 400 and you can manually move elements until the little blue tag box is square on the Guide line....

Or...the old fashioned way is to know exactly how wide every element is, and use the X-Y axis tool (lower right hand corner of the BV browser bar) to move to the exact position you need: it will show the exact "line" axis of the upper left corner of an image, for example, and if the image was 646 wide, then you would want to move the image until the numbers showed x:77 y:0 if it was flush to the top of the page - centered...> You take the width 646, halved at 323 and subtract it from the value of your center (400) equals 77....see?
          The same method will work for what Bee mentioned about "horizontal Centering"....and I should have viewed the issue first, I suppose...Sorry!

If you know how tall each picture is then you need to find the middle horizontal point for each....to "align" to an imaginary line you draw from side to side across your page...so in your site it might be 200 lines down from the top, for example.
          Picture # 1 should be your largest, the Hula dancer, which is 128 tall, so the XY axis for this picture would be x: ? y: 136
          Picture # 2 (Gecko > spelled wrong) x: ? y: 174
          Picture # 3 (Puka) x: ? y:160
          Picture # 4 (Ginger) x: ? y:156
          Picture # 5 (Protea) x: ? y:171
          Picture # 6 (Heliconia) x: ? y:152

This will center-align horizontally all of your pictures evenly across the top of your page.....a much cleaner look the others were urging you to.

Your Menu line should all be straight (same horizontal line), and cenetered evenly as well. Or...stacked on the left margin --> you have room and it is a good look, maybe consider?

Very important: Your Main Page is still untitled, not having been properly named in Page Properties. You should this immediately, and fill in some of the key words you deem important even now. You can always go back to refine them, but you need to Name/Title every one of your web pages.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• scubadiver
            Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

Properties shows it to be named as index. I have meta tags done for the search engines. Is that what you mean?
            www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

• scubadiver
              Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

Properties shows it to be named as index. I have meta tags done for the search engines. I am not sure what you mean.
              www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

• LadyEye
                General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi scubadiver .... just to go with your name I'd add a scuba diver, I'd probably continue to frame around all my pics as you have in one, it's also nice to layer some pics, like adding them on top of each other in a layer kind of fashion, (I can explain more if need be) and maybe do the framing of the photos in a white instead of black, your site, in my opinion is one that could have wonderful hawaiian music playing in the background, if you go to the waikiki beach webcam they have great music playing on there and I love it .... some of the links are not working when you click the photos in your header .... I assume you are working on it, maybe you could put your image rollover down in the middle of the page with the text wrapped around it ... you could add lots of hawaiian decorations around this and I know just where you could get the scuba diver and more clip art if you wanted ... you have an exciting site to work on and I want to come!!

Good job so far and I'll keep an eye on it!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X