HolleyJohnson's Site needing a look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HolleyJohnson's Site needing a look

i like it but its a bit to the left for me for no apparent reason as i can see
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Oh not centered, but to the left on most of the pages? I will work on it ..
      Thanks,
      Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net
      mailto: stratis.constas@holleyjohnson.net

Comment

econstas:

I found that by croping all my images to square you never have problems resizing. As long as you keep them square you can make them as large or small as tou need with no distortion. Adobe Photoshop 3.1 is a freeware product and has photo croping.

Comment

Originally posted by econstas
          There was a mention earlier about centering the page. I am presuming pictures and text to a smaller window size? i.e. 800X600? I am guessing here.
          Width is important, because there are a lot of users out there with screen resolutions set between 780 and 800. Interestingly the majority are now over 1200 - go figure.If you can stay with 800.

Length is not as important, very long pages will have users wondering why you did not open a new page. Adding bookmarks to a long page will help users find what they are looking for easier.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Bill2006:

It is true that there are statistics that state a small majority of users use 1200 w resolution. I wonder how many of them realize it make things smaller (not larger). 12font at 1200w is smaller than 10font at 800w.
            Too many trend followers not enough thinkers.

Comment

Eventhough the resolution makes everything smaller. The width still makes an impact. When I go home to do extra work, my website uses the horizontal scroll bar. .... Now, I really don't like it that way, since I still comeback from everything needs to be said in one page.. NO scrollbars needed. I will work on the pictures..see how I can adjust the pics.

Thanks for the tips.
              Thanks,
              Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net
              mailto: stratis.constas@holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Working...
              X