new flash intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new flash intro

Hey everyone....just set up a new flash intro.... let me know if you like it or not. Thanks.

takeourchallenge.com
    MR. PURE
    ourwaterispure.com

Re: new flash intro

Hi Mr Pure,

Sorry not a great lover of flash ...but the beginning was ok but that bright flashing at the end is not good .. a lot of people have health problems associated with bright flashing lights , that would concern me ..sorry for the negative post ....but i think its important..especially when your promoting healthy water ...ya think? :o)
    Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

I’m afraid its ditto on the Linda’s post for me. The photo quality was quite poor. This part should be one of the best parts of your site, as it may determine if someone stays or not. Sorry! Just my view. But don’t be put off. I would much rather someone say there is something wrong with my site & be honest. You have all the workings of the flash working fine. Just needs a little artistic change.

Chris.
      Ps who have you used for the talking face? I could have a use for this.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

me too but the idea is realy cool bit slow for me too but im slow today anyway i realy like the talking face thingy where did you get that from its cool and i could use that
        The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
        Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Liked it better without the intro. The flashing "Enter here" are superfluous and the pic is out of focus, which would not indicate something pure as relates to the quality of your water filtration products.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I think the idea is cute, but when your doing an intro remember its the first thing people see and judge your site from, determining if they click enter or dont.. the pictures dont give a welcoming impression.. there dark, rainy, and depressing with the guys back to you it gives an errie feel. The idea with the transistions I think is good, I like how that draws you in a little, but I think it could draw a person in more if it was more exciting or happy. Maybe have the guy facing the screen rather then turned with his back to us.. This may sound retarded but working as a Graphic Designer Ive learned that these kind of impressions do make a difference. Even if its subconcious to a customer, they will be less likely to click enter if the intro doesnt impress, it gives the impression that the site behind the intro wont impress then either. Not trying to be harsh I hate leaving these kind of posts, because they can really hurt after you have put so much time and effort into something.. I have experienced it on here and in my work life when designing things for people. Example. a company I did business cards for had their main logo as an oak tree and it was a vector image of a tree leaning slightly to the left.. We changed the logo to a strong upright image of an oak tree with more detail and it acually increased their online sales... The impression before was not of a strong stable company like the second logo was, and for whatever reason people seemed to respond to the change in a positive way.

K ill stop ranting now I dont know if I even made any sense, hopefully some of this helps.. hope to hear your views soon.

Jewelz

Jewelz
            Glitzz Original Hand-made Beaded Jewelry, Accessories, and Gifts By Julie Knight of Toronto, Canada. OH YEAH BABY CANADA!!!

Comment

No offense but I hate intros. I think they are a waste of time. You have an awesome looking site though very nice job.

Comment

Hi,
                Ditto all the above comments that suggest losing the intro (sorry). The rest of the site looks good, and is clear and concise. I did turn up the sound on my speakers as I was expecting to hear the bottle speak!!!
                Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com

Comment

Thanks everyone for your honest input...that's what I love about this forum. Guess it's time to pull the plug on that intro.... no big deal. For those interested in the talking bottle, I used Sitepal.com. I had to design the bottle and they animated it for me. They have tons of different pre made characters you can use to talk on your site --- most can even be customized. Thanks again for your feedback!!
                  MR. PURE
                  ourwaterispure.com

Comment

Mr Pure,

I think your site looks great and your cute little talking man is a better pull in than any flash ...he's so cute you just want to listen to what he's saying .....and thats what you want isnt it? ...i'm gonna have a look at that site might get me a talking carrot lol

How to Center your page

Comment

oh monkey see monkey do you have to copy me dont you lol i asked first now we all gettin one
                      where you going to put your carrot then lincsy ????????????

Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

oh you have to buy one thats poo i dont buy things from the net whers me flash grabber lol or me htmle grabber lol if they had one id want it probably pay for it too

Comment

Originally posted by allstarfaces
                          oh monkey see monkey do you have to copy me dont you lol i asked first now we all gettin one
                          where you going to put your carrot then lincsy ????????????

Do you really want me to tell you on here!? lol

How to Center your page

Comment

Working...
                          X