First Attempt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Attempt!

I am building a site for my company which whilst not finished and has a couple of errors I am struggling to put right, is just about ready for you guys to have a look at and make some comments. I am trying to constrain the first page but not making much progress yet and I have some changes to do on image sizes and colours.
    I would love some comments before I go too far with something that might be disliked by all!!!!

Thanks

Metaldoc (Ian)

www.coatesoffshore.com

Re: First Attempt!

Very professional looking site. Your homepage seems slightly wider than the others, which gave me a slider bar that seemed a bit unnecessary. Quick to load with nice clear pictures.
    www.glidingcomp.com

Comment

Thanks, that first page is the one I am having trouble with, I have resized the picures and tried moving them but the soholaunch editor won't allow me to put the pictures where I want them. If it was word I would reformat the image and be able to place anywhere on the page, Soholaunch doesn't appear to offer that facility. I'll keep working at it until I sort it!

Many thanks again for the comments

Metaldoc (Ian)

Comment

Very Good,
        Clean easy to see, gives a good feeling well disgned.

Comment

Hi Ian,

Looks good all of your links work, just need to bring in the home page. Good job
          Sharon Chajin

Comment

metaldoc:

Very nice, the site screams "industrial" great conection of art and function. I would suggest ( since your viewers will be over 40) to not use any text smaller than 12 and to try to make your link buttons a little taller.
            all so on the third link, I believe you offer specialty compressors not spe******t compressors. You've got a winner. If you re-edit your page width to 800 pixs people with computer resolution set to 600 X 800 wont need to side scroll and people with larger settings will get a biger picture.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments, I'll take on board and adopt all of the constructive comments, I don't know how to resize the homepage to 800 width as I can't find anything in Soholaunch editor that seems to do this, I'll keep looking though!

Thanks again

Metaldoc (Ian)

Comment

Nice site and very professional.
                -Why in Soho and not Blue Voda?
                -Consider making the Coates links on this page, http://www.coatesoffshore.com/index.php?pr=About_Us the same size.
                -Also, the text needs tweaking so it doesn't crowd the edges of your pages, home page and about us.
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi,
                  Nice site. Couldn't find anything that didn't work or that I didn't like! (I'm dead picky as well).
                  Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com

Comment

Thanks again for the comments, I don't know what happened to the links for our sister companies as they were all the same size and the images don't even exist on my PC in anything other than the same size, I'll go in and fix them! I'll have a play with Blue Voda for the first page but I was trying to stick with Soholaunch.

Regards

Metaldoc (Ian)

Comment

Metaldoc:

That will take a little work since the two are not compatable. You will need to make a sub domain or add on domain for the BV. Not really that much work. You'll find the BV much simpler.

Comment

Working...
                      X