Let me know what you think thus far . Still learning and a work in progress
    ~Brenda~
    check us out on the web
    www.martinsradiusmoulding.com
  • BLK306
    Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2006

Re: looking for critic :)

Couple of little things I notice is that your banner does not go all the way from one side to the other. It stops just short of the right side. On you home page I would suggest going with a different color for the background. As it is now, it looks as if you are trying to match the green from the banner to the background and it is not an exact match. Mabey a contrasting color would work well there. One other thing to consider would be to lower the picture on the home page so that it is not overlappeing your banner. Other than that I liked it simple and to the point.
    ID: 11830
    www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I just wrote a book and lost it so here goes again:

I actually like the header, but think it would fit better if you put a shape around it in the background color to have it look more like a header - and also if you center the entire page.

You need to get your address info on every page - as well as contact info - as you want it to really be easy for people to contact you. Possibly in a footer, or add at least your phone number to your header. You say ordering is easy, but it's not on your website right now, so make it so.

All your pages need title work - some have none, others don't have good ones - make sure you get your keywords in them, and, in your case, your city/state might be good also as you don't work everywhere.

On the home page, you wrote in paragraph style, but didn't use complete sentences for most of what you wrote. Please - if a paragraph, use correct grammar and complete sentences. For the info you are sharing, you might want to combine a paragraph with a bulleted list of some of that info (which doesn't have to be in complete sentences).

You've got a great start - need to do tweaking!
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• bill2006
        Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Nice, simple, to the point.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• scubadiver
          Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

You've got the right idea. Suggestions:
          The color green is too dark. It hurt my eyes.
          Show more photos of finished products you have done.
          You need an email page-contact.
          Maybe a faq section would be helpful.

Keep up the good work!
          www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

• larazovich
            General

• Jul 2006

I have a little bit of trouble reading the black print on the dark green background.
            Could be just me - I am pushing 60 and my eyes aren't so great.
            But, on the other hand, I don't know what your target demographic is..
            I agree that at FAQ section would be good, too.
            Nice site, love the pictures.
            Liz
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com
            www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• Andy128
              Major General

• Dec 2005

Agree with most everything said. Here are a couple additional;

To be professional- lighten up the colors. Also- make a php mailto page instead of using outlook. Many peoples computers don't have MS Outlook configured and thus, will not be able to e-mail you.

Have a page dedicated to your shop and the process by which you make your moldings. Then have a page dedicate to showing finished products. Might even want to list some of your clients if they are businesses and/or have some testimonials. I say this as it adds credibility to your business.

Your product caters to upper middle class and above. Make sure the site is inviting to that clientele. Most professional sites have white or nearly white backgrounds unless there is a specific theme or, the color matches the Business logo or someting like that.

Just some thoughts.

Keep up the good work and by all means- have fun in the process.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Andy, the way he has it set up has nothing to do with outlook (although outlook is the default setting on most computers when bought) - people can set their computers for ANY email program to open that - on mine, my yahoo email program opens. However, whether the way he has it or the way you do - I won't do either - I want the email address! LOL - pain, aren't I? But you need to do at least 2 ways - a form and provide an email address or the link and email address -
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Andy128
                  Major General

• Dec 2005

Beathers-
                  True. You and I can set our computers up this way. Most however, do not. And then there are the masses that use libraries, web-cafe's, work computers etc... and they have no control of what default program there is to send an e-mail.

Additionally- having an e-mail address displayed is great but it requires the reader to write it down. Most won't, or if they do, it is lost before they reach home to do anything about it.

This is why I am such a proponent of the php mailto method. You can make it very simple for them to send you an e-mail. I belive that making it this simple is the best offering you can give a customer and will ensure that you get the most response from those individual cases that I presented above. Not to mention it gives you control over what data you need to collect.

Again- just my thoughts on the matter.

Andy
                  PS- you are never a pain.
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Ditto most everything mentioned.
                    Simplicity is Supreme, and sublime is just fine (with regard to muting colors a bit)!

And, although the "mailto:" function will always default to the user-specified utility (as Beth mentioned) and is useful in some applications, I tend to side with Andy in suggesting a secure email Form in light of all the shenannigans being staged by unscrupulous online marauders.....

Great Beginnings!
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• smcatering
                      First Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Have to agree with Andy on this one. I have a contact page and it has so far worked great for me.
                      Mike
                      www.suzannemichaelcatering.com

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

I like the forms also - just said that I will not fill one out - I like to save a copy of anything I do and that is easier if I email it - and most people who do things for companies are the same - so if you have the form AND the email address on the page - people have CHOICES - which is what I'm saying is important - give them the options so they can pick which one to use.

We did a study this summer of the people who used forms and sent emails by copying and pasting into their email program - and the percentage that booked (this was for a campground). First, we got MORE people who used their own email - meaning the copy and paste method - and they were twice as likely to book.

That's obviously not a survey that is going in any record books - but it let the campground owners realize that they need to have the email address on the page. Previously they only had the form. Adding the address increased their contact rate and doubled the bookings (and this was a slower summer for them).

So - GIVE people as many CHOICES as you can - let them decide which one works for them - make it as EASY for them as you can. That's my point only -

and, Mike - you don't know how great it's working if you don't give options and see whether more would contact you other ways. You only know the ones who do use the form.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• radiusmoulding
                          Sergeant

• Sep 2006

I did some tweaking . I cant really figure out how to do the page for them to contact me on a web form so I will have to work on that. I am trying to get more finished photos from some of our customers. I also added more info on the home page. The how to measure will be changing maybe to a how to place and order or get a quote page. give some more input:)
                          ~Brenda~
                          check us out on the web
                          www.martinsradiusmoulding.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Martin-

Creating an email Form is really pretty simple: you merely create another page in BV (most Clone one from their "template") to be the form itself, and another as a "Thank you" or acknowledgement page, and in the middle are the special little "scripts" that make it all work. Be sure to view the "BV Forms" tutorials, 1 and 2 mid-page FIRST, so you understand the references to building basic forms....

Andy128 (above) has made some rather easy to follow tutorials and step-by-step instructions on how to do this (I've used his forms and instructions myself!). The link to this is HERE

If you see it as a normal process of duplicating your BV pages, and going through the instructions a few times to really grasp the concept/process, it should be about about an hour from start to finish (using the Secure Form - recommended). Then, after the first go-round, it will be easy enough to duplicate again for another site or another "function".....

If you get stuck, you can always email him personally to help out as well....THAT is one of the more assuring aspects of VodaPeer support!

Looking forward to your progress!

PS: Have you considered turning off the "Date/Time Stamp" on your camera to eliminate it from the pictures of your great work?
                            It would look *****er, in my opinion....
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Andy128
                              Major General

• Dec 2005

Beth- Good points to which I shall apply in the future. More choices for viewers is better.

Cheers

Andy
                              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                              X