• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • retirementgirl
    Private First Class

• Sep 2006

My new website-Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally

Hi all,

I am now finished with my website and asked for it to be submitted to the major search engines. I now have to wait four to eight weeks, but until then I welcome your feedback and comments.

Looking out for some comments.

Lesia
  • Jeremy
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: My new website-Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally

Bright colors ... ouch to the eyes

other than that great job Lesia!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• bill2006
      Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Ditto comments by Jeremy. Yet, it seems to make sense if you are calling attention to specific points.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Hester
        Captain

• Jun 2006

Hi Lesia,

Looks pretty good so far. It's quite simple and the layout is good. I didn't proofread it... I'm sure it's all fine. :)

...but here's what I've got for you for feedback.

Jeremy made a good point about the color thing. I don't think it's the entire site as a whole... just those few things you have highlighted in yellow. That might be a putting a little too much emphasis on those lines/words. But that's just an opinion thing. The blue highlight looks cool, but the yellow just kinda screams at me. :) It's really not bad or anything, but I'm just kind of a low-key guy that can only take so much of the pastels. :)

Second thing... and this is only because I tend to have a little OCD, the page "body" and "header" don't really line up. I know that's not what they are called, but there's a little corner sticking out at the top and it just looks like something might have been "bumped" over a pixel or two in the editing. That's an easy fix. And it looks like that on the bottom too.

You might get a couple people suggesting you switch the contact method to a "contact form". some people use them, rather than the typical e-mail link you can click, to prevent spammers from pickin' you up and annoying the **** outta you. Davidundalicia would probably be able to help you out with that IF you wanted to try that out. It's simple and easy to add, if you wanted to.

This isn't necessary, but maybe a little re-editing to split this into a two or three-page site would help the navigation. (I might be alone on this, so whatever is cool). You probably want to keep it as simple as possible, which is fine... but maybe the addition of a page or two and moving some stuff over might help make it easier to navigate through. (mentioning this to try and prevent all the scroll... especially for lower res monitors).

Back to the colors thing... I don't wanna be too picky, because it is your site and it looks fine. But probably try a lighter background color... but neutral, like a grey or brown. This might make the colors on the page look a little less "Boom, there it is!". I'm pretty sure you're going for that so don't take that too litterally if you don't think it'll look good to you.

And finally... my personal favorite thing to point out. It's obvious you are going for centering the page in the browser. However, as I have done SO much editing on my site and then published page after page just to realize that when I added this new picture or moved something over past the border I set, it turns out that the page is set off-center. (Again with the OCD). ;)

So, to fix that, all you have to do is go back to the properties and readjust the page width to whatever you wanted it set as. By the looks of it on my page, it should be around 800?

Anyway, overall looks pretty good. Now that I took another look at those highlighted phrases, maybe you could just try a simple italic rather than the highlight to bring it out?? eh... it's okay either way. :)

Good luck with your e-book.
        George
        www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

• asirimarco
          Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

I kind of agree with George - i think i would be more likely to continue if the info was broken up a little, maybe a couple of pages instead of one loooong one - also the highlighting - maybe italic as george suggests or bold or underlined - the yellow is in your face. interestesting info - will continue to watch it.
          Ann
          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

• C L
            General

• Jul 2006

Diddo, to the above....choose a family of colors ie: dark brown, brown & beige or navy, light blue & light grey, neony colors look good with black.....good site with a good message. Keep up the good work and don't forget to have some fun.

Comment

• ez-ez
              Special Status

• Mar 2006

Nice..

Lower your blood pressure naturally.. Sound like you got yourself a regular visitor here.. I need it.

Comment

• retirementgirl
                Private First Class

• Sep 2006

Thank you soooo much for taking the time to give me your invaluable comments, especially regarding the colour scheme and page length.

Regarding the page length, this page is really a Sales Letter which is typical of most sites selling ebooks. My concern is that If the content is broken up into several pages there is no guarantee that persons will visit all the pages. Additionally the information needs to flow from the opening of the letter to the end. Maybe I talk too much and the sales leter is too lengthy. Anyhow I do agree that it is alot to digest.

Based on the comments, I will definately need to do some more work because the information I am providing is very relevant and I know will help many so I need to be able to attract people not turn them off.

Thanks again I really appreciate it.

Lesia

Comment

• retirementgirl
                  Private First Class

• Sep 2006

Hester, I forgot to thank you for the tips about centering the page and the alignment, I now see exactly what you are talking about. It looks rather tacky.

Thanks

Lesia

Comment

• choco777
                    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Retirement Girl,

You must have corrected everything, the site is great. I read it all, found it is not really too much to read, because it is interesting and well done. While reading, which I did because I found it interesting, not proof reading,I couldn't help but notice some things you might have overlooked. The question" What is a well balanced diet and ( maybe meant to be "how") do I get one? ", spelling of the word Instructions I think it might have been a case of transposition and maybe the word unbelief should be disbelief and maybe even "shocked in" instead of " shocked with disbelief." All in all it is great and you should do well with it, as will the people who choose to read it.
                    Choco777
                    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• bill2006
                      Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Much nicer.
                      Consider taking the Bold off - your page will be easier to read.
                      Bill
                      www.blueearthtea.com
                      www.ftaaconsulting.com
                      www.iaval.com
                      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• philipc9635
                        Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Hi Lesia

On my screen the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page has been overlapped by your names and the text at the bottom of the page.

I don't know if this is just specific to my computer in Australia or around the globe.

Otherwise I like your page. I'm sure I might look at purchasing your e-book in years to come as High Blood Pressure runs in my family. ( But not in me yet, thankfully.)

Good Luck
                        Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

• narobe
                          First Lieutenant

• Apr 2006

Hello,
                          3 tips on comercial letters
                          1. Open the text (letter) with the main idea from the "readers point of view" ( how it will benefit him)
                          2. Lead the reader's mind along step by step in the direction you want.
                          3. End the letter with a definite suggestion for action on the part of the reader, close it with a constructive idea something that will remain in his mind
                          (you could also say how much it costs)

Comment

• choco777
                            Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

The previous post must have been done without taking time to read through the text.
                            Choco777
                            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• narobe
                              First Lieutenant

• Apr 2006

Sorry for the misunderstanding,
                              What I mean to say is that as soon as you see your page see these details
                              most folks will not scroll down and read on to see your prices I belive its important to have the price at the top of the page ("for just 19.95") and the most important detail about the book
                              I sell around 45 ebooks on my pages and these details work for me I then give them all the information they need about the book and even let them take a look "only a little bit" :)

Comment

Working...
                              X