Thanks Hester for the tips.

Regards.
      Ash Whitehair

Comment

• AmaDee
        Colonel

• Jun 2006

Re: Site additions...

great site, Hester. It shows that you've put a lot of work into it.

Comment

• Hester
          Captain

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by AmaDee
          great site, Hester. It shows that you've put a lot of work into it.
          :) I really appreciate it.

For some reason either my internet is broke or there's some weird stuff going on out there in cyberspace... I'm actually in the process of updating and redoing my site, but I have to sit an wait until the servers are back to normal.

I'm glad you can access my site though. When I try to view it from here, I get a "page timed out" screen. I can't even view your page right now... gah! :(

Thanks for the comment!! I hope to have my new site up in the near future.
          George
          www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

• AmaDee
            Colonel

• Jun 2006

Oh man, that's gotta suck. I too am having problems with my server, but there was a notice of Voda doing maintenance today, which is the ONLY reason I am not tripping.

So, if you are on Voda8, that may be why. Just be a little patient...I know, you probably can't wait for us to see all the changes, but good things come to those who wait. Ummm

Comment

• Hester
              Captain

• Jun 2006

Oh man, that's gotta suck. I too am having problems with my server, but there was a notice of Voda doing maintenance today, which is the ONLY reason I am not tripping.

So, if you are on Voda8, that may be why. Just be a little patient...I know, you probably can't wait for us to see all the changes, but good things come to those who wait. Ummm
              Haha... nah, I'm cool. It's just... strangely ironic. I decided last week to make site changes, so I cleared my entire weekend schedule to get it all put together. As soon as I got home from work on Monday night I went to publish some pages... I got one to work (my demo front page, which I wanted to change as soon as I saw it)... all of a sudden... broken!! haha!

So... it's like I did all that work and now it doesn't work. hurry up and wait. ;)

No biggie though... it just took me a while to figure out the problem.
              George
              www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

• AmaDee
                Colonel

• Jun 2006

Well, just use this "wait" time in a constructive manner by making those little tweaks here and there that tend to be left undone until someone points them out and you're like, DUh!

Honestly though, (shhhh....I really like the old site) while the new design is outstanding...the old one has grown on me.

BUT, do what you gotta do.

Comment

• alas
                  Captain

• May 2006

I am confuse, which one is new, which one is old?
                  Everything looks soo GREAT!!!
                  Alas

Comment

• Hester
                    Captain

• Jun 2006

Well, just use this "wait" time in a constructive manner by making those little tweaks here and there that tend to be left undone until someone points them out and you're like, DUh!

Honestly though, (shhhh....I really like the old site) while the new design is outstanding...the old one has grown on me.

BUT, do what you gotta do.
                    hehehe... well, here's the scoop. I didn't wanna make a big hoot out of it yet, but since you mentioned it...

The older site will remain. I spent too much time on the little graphics and stuff and will keep it as my "personal" site.

However, with the growth of my freelance work in drill design, I found it best to create something new and separate for my "business".

I have not yet gone through the trouble and set up a new domain... nor will I do that until much later on. But that's the plan. The "new" site will have very little personal information about me, besides my resume and design samples, etc. The "old" site, as I said, will remain but be converted into a more "personal" site that'll showcase more pictures and some other fun stuff I've had on there before, but took down due to conflicts I had with putting that stuff on the same site that is trying to advertise my business stuff.

Did that all make sense?? :)

I really do appreciate the fact that you like the other page so much. (I promise I won't get rid of it that easily). ;) What you see on this "demo" front page is NOTHING like what it'll be yet. The bars and tabs or whatever are close to what they will be, but it's still in the building stages. You might like it... who knows. :)
                    George
                    www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

• AmaDee
                      Colonel

• Jun 2006

That does make sense.

You have a lot of goodies on the current site! I checked out your drill demos. Wow. I can tell you now, my drill team in HS was nothing close to that good. Maybe we could have used your help lol!

About your redesign, don't get me wrong...it's quite nice and I will be checking it out when you are done, so keep us posted.

Did you see the announcement about out server? Go here

Comment

• AmaDee
                        Colonel

• Jun 2006

Hi Hester, any luck publishing yet?

Comment

• Danielle@WPA
                          Sergeant

• Apr 2007

Great Site! What program are you using to create your site?

www.wilsonpaves.com
                          www.vincentvonfrankenberg.com
                          Danielle

Comment

• Hester
                            Captain

• Jun 2006

Hi Hester, any luck publishing yet?
                            nah! :( I haven't really tried since that server change post said that I shouldn't try to do anything until Saturday afternoon.

But for the heck of it I just tried it and no luck.

Right now I'm just sitting on it until it's back up.
                            George
                            www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

• Hester
                              Captain

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Danielle@WPA
                              Great Site! What program are you using to create your site?

www.wilsonpaves.com
                              www.vincentvonfrankenberg.com
                              Hey Danielle,

I wasn't sure if you were asking me... mostly because my site doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

I used the BlueVoda software to create and publish the pages. Most, if not all, of the graphics are made using little dabs of 'this' and 'that' with Photoshop.

I hope that answered your question. :)
                              George
                              www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

• AmaDee
                                Colonel

• Jun 2006

i have some work to do on my site, also, but i can wait (huge procrastinator, I am). I'm just using this time to chit chat and basically learn a little here and there.

Comment

Working...
                                X