• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asirimarco
    Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

Re: New Site I helped create...all comments appreciated

hi there - jalbum works fine - i clicked on all the links i think and all came up - looks great - you are a very good friend
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

• beegud2
      Major General

• Apr 2006

Thanks ann...I'm learning more and more ...hey check out your thread on the D words..you got us goiing...lol
      Beezz
      sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Beez ... nice site ... you're doing a great job and helping your friend ... good stuff .....

ez ... what do you mean by disable the link to the page you are on, do you mean leave the button there, but disable it so it does not work, or do you mean remove it, so that the nav bar is different on all the pages? What would be better? What you are saying makes sense to me, so I'd like to do what you are saying but would like you to tell me a little better so I do it right.

Thanks ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• ez-ez
          Special Status

• Mar 2006

Hi EyeLady..

I just had a look at your website.. It's always preferred that you disable the button rather than moving it all together.. But if disabling the button presents a challenge, depending on the software you're using to build your website, then removing that button wouldn't hurt, especially for websites like yours where you have many other buttons and it wouldn't affect the over-all look to remove the button. A dead navigation item is simply cosmetic just so that the pages look uniform.. but when the pages are already busy, removing that one little item may not affect the page.

Have a look at this page and then click on the 'Project Brief' link to see what I mean by cosmetic button (note that I never use pre-made buttons, everything is custom made here, but that's the idea anyway).

http://adsenseptoject.com/background.htm

Cheers.

Comment

• ez-ez
            Special Status

• Mar 2006

the right link is

http://adsenseproject.com/background.htm.

My typing skills suck.. sorry.

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by ez-ez
              the right link is

Okay ez ez I am seeing what you mean, and this is the route that I chose, and I've added text to that button that says, well if you are on the schedule page and you go to click schedule, it say "You are at the Schedule" , etc. etc., I have alot of pages, just about half way through, a couple I found defaulted back to my idex, so had to change them to _blank and some _self, don't know why but I adjusted a couple and they appear to work right now ....

I'll bet there is an easier way to change all your pages than one by one is there??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by ez-ez
                the right link is

lol .... it's contagious .....

here is my missing s and n .... you have to figure out where to put it ... oh my ... lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• ez-ez
                  Special Status

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by LadyEye
                  ..... here is my missing s and n .... you have to figure out where to put it ... oh my ... lol
                  Ok.. figured out where to put the S and N.. The 'n' was fine, only the 'S' hurt a little bit coz it's like a hook.. lol.

You did a mighty fine job, you counter acted that Hand cursor with the Alternate Text which took care of that.. greet job.. see..?? you're more than just a blinking blue eye..

Chin chin.

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Yeah and too bad that I did not "alt tex" all of my nav buttons on the one page that I use as a template before I laid them all out, now to add the "alt text" to all buttons, I would need going through all the buttons on all the pages, as now it is truly a daunting task as I have about 125 pages that contain this same format x 17 nav buttons on each, oooh .... a daunting task to say the least ....

Do you know if there is a way with one click of a button to change the template on all your pages with just one click? Or is it that you must do each page individually??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• ez-ez
                      Special Status

• Mar 2006

Unfortunately, the only way I know is the old fashion one by one way.. but them again, I'm premitive at this.. so there might be a way that I don't know of.. If there is, I'm sure someone will yell out.

Comment

• helganog
                        Master Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Hi,
                        What a good looking site. I like the catalogue, and I could see all the pages clearly (I checked quite a few). Really clear and easy to see the merchandise.
                        I prefer the background and layout of the Contact us page to the Home and About us page - are they going to "match"?
                        One tiny point - I was left wondering which island (yes, I know it;s called jamaica jewels at present) until I found the contact details. it might be worth changing the intro to mention Jamaica instead of "the island".
                        Otherwise - VERY NICE.
                        Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Bee....I posted something last night (on the oversized soon-to-be-returned laptop)...did you see it, or was it deleted?

Hmmm.
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• beegud2
                            Major General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by Vasili
                            Bee....I posted something last night (on the oversized soon-to-be-returned laptop)...did you see it, or was it deleted?

Hmmm.
                            Hi Vasili mi fren...sorry was out last two days and did not see your post...was it here or on another thread?
                            Beezz
                            sigpic

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Thought it may have been deleted or something....

It wasn't full of the customary fluff, and zeroed in on some of the more technical things (which may come across as abrasive, so that's why I thought it got gone).
                              For instance, it looks like your "Policies" aren't originally composed, as they seem to reflect some modifications that need polishing up or expanding to make business sense, like Beth pointed out earlier. I hope they weren't culled from somewhere else (copyright), but in any event, you may wish to spend some time re-wording much of it and finishing the logistics so as to cover all the bases and specifically warrant your processes.

Secondly, many of your product images clearly show the Trademark stamps, and this would require a disclaimer on the site as to who they belong to (have to disclose the Vendor). If you have multiple vendors, it might be easier to group the images in "collections" according to provider. Point is, you cannot present identifiably protected product without complying with industry or governmental/international guidelines (refer to JVC and USPTO).

And, in my opinion, I think there is a critical conceptual conflict between the email-commerce setup (which is useful to "pre-qualify" consumer interest, etc.) and the presentation of so many items without even the slightest meaningful description: you show many similar items, and even though I know there is a difference of diamond weights for example, consumers do not, so how do you expect them to make a reasonable selection from the volumes of choices before them? Especially when traditional "pre-qualification" is 90% price based.....consumers have proved that without a price mention, they are reluctant to express any interest, and certainly balk at going through hoops to find out more.

Your use of the JAlbum is pretty cool, but is there a reason you couldn't use PayPal or even MALS to get the functions that would make many of my mentions go away?

Just a thought. Please don't think I'm hammering you, but I felt you needed to know the issues I saw as really a potential boondoggle for your friend later on.

Whew! Now I can go back to playing the word games.....
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• beegud2
                                Major General

• Apr 2006

Vasili thank you for your input and I greatly appreciate your comments. I found them wholly appropriate and really appreciate the time you took to point out everything for me.

1). I actually created the policies pages based on reading policies of many different vendors and created it to suit the needs of this site. I may have accidentally tapped into the same verbage without realizing and will try and reword again. I would hate to copyright from anyone.

2). I do realize we need more description of site and that is currently on my top prority and it's taking a while as there are nearly 3000 pieces for my friend to input info into. I'm using Jalbum only until we have paypal up and running.

As for the tradmark stamp...I didn't know there was one tht was showing other than the GEMESIS JEWELS watermark I placed on the pics. I'll look again and if you can point out what I should be looking for that would be great.

The owners had had a n empty domain for over a year and did not have tiem to do anything about it and the person who promised did not do anything to make the site live so I wanted to help them outand they jsut wanted soemhting up fast. I know there isa lot more work ahead of me and I'm trying to get it all doen as fast as possible and anyother suggestions you have will be invaluable.

Thanks againg and I owe yuou big bag of JABLUM (hehe..not JALBUM)...lol
                                Beezz
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X