X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound the trumpets, ITS HERE!!

Hi everybody

Well I finally published my site www.golftrainingcentral.com

So please take a look because I'm open to some honest criticism. Especially from all the people that have helped me along the way. There are still some pages under construction as you'll see.

On my browser the pages take a while to open because of the pictures that are in JPG format. Does anyone know how I can improve on the download speed of the pages?? It also took some time to publish and upload each page!!!

If you have a look at the sitemap I think I've done something wrong.

ROR generated the sitemap but I don't understand where or how I have to paste the links. (Somewhere in the heading???????) I pasted it in a page I called /sitemap.html.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated and thanks for everyones help to date.
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Re: Sound the trumpets, ITS HERE!!

Hello,
    Very nice, It's just what I needed,
    the only thing is your jpgs take a long time to open, consider taking some pixels of because they aren´t so big anyway.
    Well looks like my grip isn't good have to fix it,

Comment

the first jpeg you have "grip page" has 2473759bytes (190 x 143 pixels) the size is perfect but far to many bytes your page should open instantly if you get the correct bytes for those jpgs.

Comment

Originally posted by narobe
        the first jpeg you have "grip page" has 2473759bytes (190 x 143 pixels) the size is perfect but far to many bytes your page should open instantly if you get the correct bytes for those jpgs.
        Thanks Narobe

My next question would be how do I change the bytes to get the right amount?????

Comment

I think any photo editing program will work, I got a free one when I bought my canon printer and It's as good as Photoshop for my jobs. You have probability of finding a free one in google

Comment

photos loading was longest ditto on that other wise looks good .
            ~Brenda~
            check us out on the web
            www.martinsradiusmoulding.com

Comment

Originally posted by narobe
              I think any photo editing program will work, I got a free one when I bought my canon printer and It's as good as Photoshop for my jobs. You have probability of finding a free one in google
              narobe

I have a Fuji Fine Pix program with my Fuji Digital Camera. I can crop and resize and adjust the pixels. I don't quite understand how to change the bytes???? I'm in a bit over my head I think!!!!

By the way thanks for the comments Brenda.

Comment

I also use a Fuji Fine Pix. In the 'menu' you should be able
                to choose between several sizes.
                1M, 2M and 3M , I b elieve . 3 would be high density, 2 medium,
                1 low. 2 might work just great.

Oh, and go to this tutorial: http://www.vodahost.com/pix.htm and use the Resizer to
                resize the pics, works very well.
                Brad Arnold.......
                www.baldwincomusic.com
                www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
                !Free Search Engine Submission!
                Talking Avatar for your web site!
                Free sound editor
                Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

I'm not an expert editing fotos but if you have an option for email that will be good, and the most easiest way.
                  I think that around 180kb for those jpegs is good enough.

Comment

Hey Brad

Believe it or not while you were probably writing your reply I had found a thread about the Pix Resizer and had already downloaded it.

I should have searched the forum a bit harder to try and work it out for myself instead of wasting everybodys time. (sorry) I finally worked out what narobe meant by the bytes. I didn't realise you can see the amount of bytes for the image if you right click on the picture in the browser and select properties.

I learn something new everyday. Back to the drawing board, I've got a few pictures to resize!!!

Now can anybody out there give me some advice on my ROR sitemap problem???

Comment

Okay I've looked at a few threads on ROR sitemaps and I think I've worked it out. Could someone please tell me if I'm heading in the right direction???

Firstly I'll have to delete a my published sitemap page and download it somehow??? (have to work that out)

I have to generate a ROR sitemap from the ROR website as I cannot download it to my computor.

I copy the generated site map then paste it into notepad and save it as ror.xml.

I then use blueFTP to upload it into public_html ?????? (not quite sure about which folder)

Then I just create a link with my site name and /ror.xml as the url.

I'm not sure what it means by pasting the other small text generated into the head of your index page????

How'd I go

Comment

Great site mate!

Comment

Thanks Ryan

I've resized the pictures so hopefully its downlaoding a bit quicker.

Thanks again

Comment

O.K. it loads instantly for me.
                            You could consider making a video that would help me out with my golf , Lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X