First Night Nerves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Night Nerves

Sorry I keep on coming back but keep on finding myself with more questions. I have put an arrow and 'Click tags to navigate' next to my hanging tags on my home page, do you think this is a good idea? I was also wondering if it would be sensible to put my drop down menu on 'every' page? What do you all think?

Sam
    x
    Sam (Samantha not Samuel)

www.spirited-events.com

Purveyors of divine experiences!

Comment

Hi Sam.
      Your site is great fun. Got a couple of things:
      On the Entertainment page, teh text at the bottom of the middle pic in the bottom row overlaps and is unreadable.
      On the bar service page, the bottom site says "Bare Service" If that is waht you mean, cool, but if not, then maybe drop the 'e'
      I personally like to keep one font throughout, and you seem to have fluctuated between like arial and soe other one. A nice clean sans font is easier to read.

And, finally, I like the suggestion about having your tags bigger, would make them easier to read.

Oh, and about the arrow thing. Well, it makes it easier to get around the site, but they sure seem plain after those cute tags.. but if you are goin to use it, put it on all pages, I say. It is always nice to know you can get back 'home' if you get lost in a site..

good site, I am enjoying it.

Liz

Liz
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich
        Hi Sam.
        Your site is great fun. Got a couple of things:
        On the Entertainment page, teh text at the bottom of the middle pic in the bottom row overlaps and is unreadable.
        On the bar service page, the bottom site says "Bare Service" If that is waht you mean, cool, but if not, then maybe drop the 'e'
        I personally like to keep one font throughout, and you seem to have fluctuated between like arial and soe other one. A nice clean sans font is easier to read.

And, finally, I like the suggestion about having your tags bigger, would make them easier to read.

Oh, and about the arrow thing. Well, it makes it easier to get around the site, but they sure seem plain after those cute tags.. but if you are goin to use it, put it on all pages, I say. It is always nice to know you can get back 'home' if you get lost in a site..

good site, I am enjoying it.

Liz

Liz
        Hi Liz,

Thanks so much for your comments. I am really glad that you are enjoying it! That's what our business is all about so I'm so glad it's translating that way - wicked!

I am steadily working my way through everything and although I think 'bare' services might be fun I have changed it back to bar services, perhaps we will think about adding that service later - haha!

Watch this space!

Thansk again

Sam

www.spirited-events.com

Comment

You've got a good looking site and shows a lot of creativity. I think YOUR creativity probably ism what you should let lead you, so far it is a great idea and really like the layout. Some of the things mention for change really aren't that big of a deal and are things that would probably have been changed before the final work had been done. I didn't see any overlapping, maybe you corrected it, and Bare service sounds promising, I'll be back.
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Thanks chocco,

Your site looks amazing, think I'll have to save up and come visiting. What beautiful pictures, it certainly makes me want to jump on a plane right now!

lol - bare services, yes keep checking back, I think we should see what we can offer there, maybe some 'bare' bartenders haha!

Sam

www.spirited-events.com

Comment

Originally posted by sampussycat
              lol - bare services, yes keep checking back, I think we should see what we can offer there, maybe some 'bare' bartenders haha!
              I would think there would be an extra charge for that, wouldn't there?
              (Batchelorette Parties, Divorce Parties, Wednesday Nights, etc.) LOL
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Kewllllll site for sure ... I just see a bit more overlapping on your "What We Do" page ... like someone said just reduce the size of your image and your text will be okay, it is the text that is below the image I am referring to ....

Great Job!!
                Awesome recipies

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

very nicely done
                  "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Sam,

Looked at your site again and I like it still, maybe more than before. The only poroblem is there is a pink thick vertical line in middle of page YUM YUM. Loved the fotos
                    nice work designs and foto page. Thank, come visit anytime. Didn't see any listing for Bare Services yet, darn...............
                    Choco777
                    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                      I would think there would be an extra charge for that, wouldn't there?
                      (Batchelorette Parties, Divorce Parties, Wednesday Nights, etc.) LOL
                      Hehehehe! I think we're definitely onto something here, gonna put my thinking cap on and see what we can come up with. All suggestions very welcome LOL

www.spirited-events.com

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
                        Kewllllll site for sure ... I just see a bit more overlapping on your "What We Do" page ... like someone said just reduce the size of your image and your text will be okay, it is the text that is below the image I am referring to ....

Great Job!!
                        Awesome recipies
                        Thanks LadyEye,
                        Have you tried any recipes yet? Make sure you've got the morning after to recover, they're a bit more-ish. Will sort out the 'What We Do' page, golly, so much weaking to do and then I found out about all the work involved with the se's - phewwwwwwwwwwy! Fun though eh!!! Lucky I like to learn!!!

www.spirited-events.com

Comment

Originally posted by choco777
                          Sam,

Looked at your site again and I like it still, maybe more than before. The only poroblem is there is a pink thick vertical line in middle of page YUM YUM. Loved the fotos
                          nice work designs and foto page. Thank, come visit anytime. Didn't see any listing for Bare Services yet, darn...............
                          Hey Choco,

I wonder what that weird thick pink line is in yum yum, how bizarre! Will have to look into that. Thanks for looking again and thanks even more for liking it more, I seem to be constantly learning new stuff and then I feel that I have to update it so I seem to be doing an awful lot of that right now as well as learning about se's, blimey, there's more to this website thing than you realise isn't there but have to say I'm enjoying it immensely.

Keep on looking for the 'bare services' it's certainly looking like it could be a popular service, hey, maybe that would whizz me to the top of the se's, hmmm, on second thoughts maybe I wouldn't want to be in 'that' type of subject LOL

www.spirited-events.com

Comment

I like your site, very interesting layout.
                            Why don't you make the buttons with a rollover effect making it look like the tabs are being pulled down on roll-over and click?

Chris Cross
                            Chris Cross
                            http://www.chriscrossmt.com

Comment

Hi Sam, Great site! Being a singer myself I am very familiar with agents and event managers for myself. Your site is the best I have seen of the industry so far.

I did come across a spelling mistake in the drop-menu... the link for "the amazing bike of delicious delights" it says "fo" instead of "of"... thought you should know.

Congratulations, here's to your sucess.

Mandy
                              I Sing For My Soul... la, la, la...

Comment

Just have to say... I looked at your specialty ice-cream page... I am drooling at the mouth wanting some, but I couldn't have any even if I wanted to. What a cruel thing to see for a pregnant woman like me. Maybe I could get some when I can have alcohol again... Yuuuuuummmm!
                                I Sing For My Soul... la, la, la...

Comment

Working...
                                X