• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kenb
    Captain

• Sep 2006

Re: Check it out

Hi Beth , nice to hear from you. I am fairly new to this business and could use as much input as I can get. Now as far as the prices go, I was planning to market these to bike shops and sports outlets as I am the exclusive distributer for North America. I figured that putting the prices would confuse the general public who have accessed my site. I would like to leave it up to the retailers for pricing and give them a suggested retail price after they fill out my form. I have a huge list of retailers that that numbers around 12000 in North America and I plan to mass E - Mail them and introduce them to this new product. I have purchased the whole lineup that u see on my site and have done extensive testing on all models. My mother loves the Ladies Classic as it is easy to get on and off with ease. The weight is 2/3 of anything else out there and they really live up to their description. Now I'm not trying to sell you a bike for I will leave that up to the retailers. Maybe you can help me gear the site to them and not the public as I don't want any confussion. I will start naming the pages today as I must have overlooked that important step. I just resized my index page so I hope that was the proper formula. Much thanks for your input towards my site cause I need it.I plan on putting links to the retailers that carry my products as they come in and I hope I get alot of links.

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Ken - if you are targeting business and retailers - you need to say so - I thought you were targeting selling bikes - therefore to individuals. You can always do a password protected area for your wholesale/retail business. I also buy wholesale from some companies - and I do that business strictly online - if they didn't have the online info for me - I'd go elsewhere.

You need to get it into your text - prominent - that you are a wholesaler to dealers/retail stores - and I still feel you need more info.

I just noticed in my previous post that I put 5'2" as my height - I'm 5' - and most of those bikes are geared towards people 5'2 and over. You say your weights are less than most - that would depend on your price range - that weight is more than the one I bought - and about equal to many I looked at - and if I were to buy again, I'd go for lighterweight - as that helps the motor - BUT - that doesn't mean those aren't excellent bikes - I just know what I want! You've got a very up and coming product - and I think you'll do very well with it!

BTW, for credibility sake - you HAVE to give more business info - like an address and phone number - I couldn't find that anywhere on the site. I also suggest you have an email address for questions other than just the form. But I would never feel safe with a company that I couldn't write or call - sometimes before I deal with an online company I'll call to make sure the phone number they supply is really good!
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• kenb
        Captain

• Sep 2006

Thanks again Beth. You are absolutly right about the information regarding address, phone etc. and you are also right about the confusion regarding my target market. I suppose I kinda jumped the gun and did not clarify myself in my post as I was more concerned with how the pages presented themselves, page sizes and how the whole site flowed when navigating. The documentation is not complete by any means and I did not want to give out any contact info until I was sure the site in general was presentable I apologize for not being clear on that matter. Getting back to the site overall, I have since resized everything again to accomidate all OS and am finallizing the Gallery page as we speak. I also named each individual bike page as you pointed out. Please don't hesitate to stop by soon to see the final product. I would like to thank you Beth for taking the time and reviewing my site as I could sure use all the help I can get. kenb

Comment

Working...
        X