• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kenb
    Captain

• Sep 2006

Check it out

Hi Guys and Gals
    I have spent the better part of the day resizing all my pages to conform to the going stats of 1024 by 735 and I hope I'm on my way for public viewing. Please be as critical as possible because I could use the input and I wont be upset if you dont like it. It's been a month and it's my first attempt at building a web site so I hope you guys like it. Send me some feedback. Thanks kenb http://lightningcycles.ca
  • Jeremy
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: Check it out

Hey Ken,

1. Centre your website and put a black background for those who may have a larger screen like me so we don't see white.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• kenb
      Captain

• Sep 2006

Hi jeremy
      Where would I go about doing that as I thought it was centered already?

Comment

• kenb
        Captain

• Sep 2006

Hey Jeremy
        Like I said I set all my pages at 1024 by 735 as I was under the impression that was the going rate but I never heard of centering the pages until now. Does this mean I have to go back and re align every page or could it be done all in 1 shot. Please let me know as I would like to accomidate all users.

Comment

• asirimarco
          Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

in page properties put a check mark in center page - that should do it -
          nice site, loads quickly for me on broadband - also no scrolling for me on 17" flat screen - good work
          Ann
          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

• kenb
            Captain

• Sep 2006

Thanks for the info and nice comment.
            kenb

Comment

• Jeremy
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Hey,

You should always centre your pages, fit all your pages to fit the little screens and then think of the big screen users by centering the website.
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• kenb
                Captain

• Sep 2006

Hi There
                I just adjusted my pages to center of the browser and was wondering if this has made a difference. http://lightningcycles.ca Thanks for your help

Comment

• kenb
                  Captain

• Sep 2006

Hey Guys try it out and give me any feedback as I will check out all the posts tomorow morning cause I'm pretty tired but I would like to hear what you have to say.
                  Catch up with ya tomorrow... Thanks again This has been a real great experience from day 1. kenb

Comment

• intiendes
                    Corporal

• Aug 2006

i suggest you check your site using browsercam.com because it still is not centered ... and a hover could be nice for your site :D
                    :) Screen Capture
                    Check your website on any BROWSER, OS and at different RESOLUTION. Join in Forum for more info.

Comment

• kenb
                      Captain

• Sep 2006

http://lightningcycles.ca Good morning (if your on E.T.)
                      I guess I'm a little confused about my page sizes or res. or even them being centered properly as I have followed the majority stats on page sizing being 1024 by 735, centered them, republished every one over again although I am still getting posts adressing this issue. I have no idea what a hover is for I did not get too much out of the browsercam.com site. I simply want to make my site clear and easy to navigate without any side scroll. I have a 19" monitor and the pages look fine to me.Any ideas on how I could easily fix this problem? Thanks kenb

Comment

• LadyEye
                        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

I'm a fan of the colour scheme, always like blue, black and white ....

there is plenty discussion on here from folks in the know and while the majority of the internet, which is just over 60% view in the resolution you refer to, I've learned from many posters on here, that you still should satisfy the other 40% of viewers and what some are trying to tell you on here is different resolution and screen sizing ...

so to fit 100% of the people if you design your pages 800 width, tick center in browser and add a black background to your pages, everyone will be satisfied - meaning

1) those viewing in 1024 resolution, your site will be centered with an inch or so on each side that is black which will fill their entire screen

2) those viewing in reduced resolution or smaller screen, your site will fill their entire screen

3) and by doing it 800' width you will have no sideways scrollbar, see lincslady she is the expert on this.

4) yeah it does mean rearranging all of your pages to the 800' width, but then you have 100% satisfaction .... yeah I've been there .... lol and I have 200 and some pages, some are not yet completed .....

:)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• kenb
                          Captain

• Sep 2006

O.k. O.k. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and do them over again but if thats what it takes for this Canuk to satisfy the masses I be happy to do so. Theres another half day of adjusts needed. O well it's grey and rainy in Windsor On. anyway so it will give me something to do. Thanks for the advice LadyEye. kenb

Comment

• LadyEye
                            General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by kenb
                            O.k. O.k. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and do them over again but if thats what it takes for this Canuk to satisfy the masses I be happy to do so. Theres another half day of adjusts needed. O well it's grey and rainy in Windsor On. anyway so it will give me something to do. Thanks for the advice LadyEye. kenb

Good Luck with that .... hey sunny here in NS .... but it'll be worth it, I tried to buck the system, but lol, had to convert .... just for fun go to your control panel and view in lower resolution and you will jump to do it .... have fun!! Will be worth it!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Bethers
                              Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I also think if you want to sell the bicycles, you need to put prices on them. I have an electric bike - as a woman, I couldn't get most of them because they are all geared to women taller than me - I'm 5'2" - and most people selling them say that a 26" wheelbase will work for short people - WRONG- yep, I can ride it, but not and be safe. I think you need to look at having different sizes/wheelbases. And you have to give prices!

As to sizing pages - do what you feel best about - but if you keep 1024 - make sure that the pages are done so that people with smaller resolutions won't be unable to see the basics without scrolling.

Also - the black background seems to work on your site - but you should be aware that it is considered a no-no in website design - as it's one of the hardest backgrounds for everyone to be able to read the site easily. Being in sales, you might not want to alienate too many people and might want to re-think that.

You also need to spend time titling all your pages - I just found page after page called gallery - which doesn't help your visitors or the se's - give each page specific names of what's on THAT page.

You also - on the page with the pictures and names of all the different pages (ladies bikes, travel bike, etc) you need both the picture AND the words to be clickable to the inner pages. On the travel bike you say it's foldable, but not what size it folds to - important info for those of us who might be interested.

For your info - I find the weights high on these bikes - which usually means the battery won't get up much speed - specially on hills - again, I did lots of research before buying a cheap electric bike - cuz the expensive ones didn't fit my size! But I'll be looking for a better one at some point - am hoping to find the lighter weight woman's version - in a size for those of us who are "petite".
                              Beth
                              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                              X