• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kenb
    Captain

• Sep 2006

I think I'm ready

Hello Everybody
    I have taken in all the advice to make my site what it is today. I feel confident to put the site to work for me now. I think I have corrected all the spelling, linked all the pages, centered everything to accomodate all users and straightened out what my company is all about. So if you guys could take another looksie to see if I missed anything or can improve upon anything before I start making business contacts I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks BV... kenb O Yeah I almost forgot. Here it is http://lightningcycles.ca
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: I think I'm ready

I'm not sure why you started a new thread - it's much easier for us to see what was suggested and follow through on the same one. However, I just clicked on your site and don't see much different - it's still not centered and you say right here it is - well, it appears to be centered in a 1024 window - but my window is larger - so I see it still to the left with white space - and centered within the black to the right. So, it appears you are still making a page 1024 wide - with a page 800 wide within it?

I can't remember everything else suggested - but know we talked about page titles - and those are still not redone also?

I had some trouble when your navigation changed between pages - people expect to find the same navigation from page to page - so they can easily travel around the site. You have named your "order" button "links" on one page - I don't remember which - but couldn't get back to it without going back through another page.

I still think it's misleading - the dealers navigation isn't for dealers to find their own information, but it's how to contact you - I wouldn't think if I was looking to contact you that I would click on dealers.

Again, as I said before, you have a lot going for you here - but it still needs some cohesion and definitely needs to be easier to navigate.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• kenb
      Captain

• Sep 2006

Hi Beth
      What I have done is made the pages 1024 wide and 735 long. After doing so I set up the information starting at 112 and ending at 912 thus leaving space on either side for smaller screens to soak up. Is there some other way I was supposed to accomplish this because that was the only way I could think of fixing that problem? I was having a hard time trying to figure out what to name the page for ordering when the general public visits as I am trying to direct them to the dealers and not sell directly to the public. If you have any ideas what the nav buttons should say that would be helpfull. I would like to basically have the form page password protected for dealers only so that they can supply me with weekly ordering info. I'm glad your pointing these things out cause we dont need any confusion. Thanks ken

Comment

• kenb
        Captain

• Sep 2006

Do you think I should go back to the original post or is it too late now?

Comment

• kenb
          Captain

• Sep 2006

Hi again Beth
          I just realized what I did wrong with the page centering, I think I was supposed to start the information in the page at 124 and not 112 and finish at 924 leaving 100 equaling 1024. It was late when I did it and I must of thought that the 12 was going to magically multiply by 2 overnight.LOL But I still cant understand why you are still seeing white on the right side as I have a 19" monitor and the pages fit nicely in the middle. Perhaps its that missing 12?

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Ken - you simply need to make the page 800 wide - with a black background - instead of making it so much work - you have your resolution set at 1024 - I have mine much higher - everyone has theirs differently - so what you see is not what they will see - change your resolution around a see what it looks like.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• asirimarco
              Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

your "home" link doesn't work on the cool toys page - the rest of them that i tried worked - i like the site -
              Ann
              www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
              www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
              www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

• kenb
                Captain

• Sep 2006

O really is that it. I totally complicated the whole thing. So make the pages 800 wide with no extra black on the sides and then set my resolution seperatly for my own personal viewing?

Comment

• kenb
                  Captain

• Sep 2006

I went to the cool toys deleated the whole nav bar and the set it up again saved published and now you can hit the home button but only on the far right side. Beats me?

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Ken - set the background to black - everyone sets their own resolution.

On the nav bars - they all seem to have some problems - on the cool toys the home button isn't linked to anything - you need to check all your links.
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• LadyEye
                      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Ken

Start your page width at the left of your page builder, right click properties and make your page width 800', the length does not matter, set your background colour to black and tick center in browser,
                      this will then center your page in everyones browser (which can be all different) and for those viewing on a larger screen your pages will have black on both sides and your page will be centered, for those with smaller screens, your page will fill their screen.

You have to start at the left side of your page builder, not somewhere in the middle of your page builder.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• lovethatbluegrassmusic
                        Major

• Jul 2006

Nice site, good work!
                        Interesting product too by the way!
                        I noticed that the phone numbers on several pages at the bottom
                        weren't centered properly. Just adjust the spaces so that they
                        get centered under the first line above them. Use 'preview' to
                        check it since they sometimes come out different when you publish
                        compared to what you see on your screen.

It displays fine on my 12" screen here at the office.
                        Brad Arnold.......
                        www.baldwincomusic.com
                        www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
                        !Free Search Engine Submission!
                        Talking Avatar for your web site!
                        Free sound editor
                        Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

• SChajin
                          Major General

• Jan 2006

Hi Ken,

It looks like you are taking their advise, good job.
                          Sharon Chajin

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Yeah, you got the centering done!

Now - you need to check all your links - as mentioned above (or in the other post) - you have 2 "links" buttons on the golf page - one of those should be "order". As you stated, the "home" link on cool toys doesn't work. I suggest you test all the links on each page as you redo the centering - background color for each.
                            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• kenb
                              Captain

• Sep 2006

Thanks alot everyone
                              Last night I made a post regarding mistakes not to make. In that post I explained how I had created a background right from the begining of building this site a month ago using a huge black rectangle shape and thats where all of these centering issues began. I had to go right back to the first tutorials to see how to set a background and bam there it was, a simple oversite that set off a domino effect of confusion. I have to watch myself cause I tend to jump the gun at times and rush things wich causes bigger problems down the road. Thanks for your patience people. I will now go back and scope each and every page to see how all are lined up, address nav bar and rename some of the buttons to elliminate any confusion to the viewers. thanks again for all the kind comments as I really do believe in the product or I wouldnt be here. kenb

Comment

Working...
                              X