• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lawnman777
    First Sergeant

• Mar 2006

revised my site need input

hello everyone, i made yet still more changes at my site. i want to know if it is easy and understandable. I think people are not sure what to do. it is a classified ad site. I want to know if it is easy to figure how to get to and post to the classified section? Thanks for advise!
  • SChajin
    Major General

• Jan 2006

Re: revised my site need input

Looks good, easy to get through. I like my grass high. LOL
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

It does look nice, good job ... I might consider fancier landscaping photos (maybe) and while your navigation from the main page is great, and where you only have a few nav buttons, I might consider adding your navigation bar on all your pages so that you can go from one to the other easier ...
      another thing is where you have some things underlined I tend to click there to see if it is a link, consider linking those words or maybe not underlining .... Your site should work well for you and good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• bill2006
        Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Nice,
        Consider aligning those yellow buttons and changing the color, a darker yellow will make them show better.

good luck
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Hi Lawnman,

I think you have a lot good - but I'd change the purple text - 2-3 colors are usually more than enough for a page - maybe 4. And in your case, using a dark green text would be fitting with landscaping. Look at the landscape pics you used at the top of the page - and use those colors - they work well with the image you want to portray while the purple really doesn't.

To go further with the color thing - I see 5 different colors text on the page as soon as I open the page. How about slowing down your scroll rate just a tad - and maybe make that the yellow text you are using in the navigation? Then change the purple to a nice "lawn green" color and darken the yellow color you're using for the bullets. I think this will look much better for you - and if not, you can always change it.

I'd get rid of the purple everywhere else on the page also. Consistency is very important for a professional look.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• choco777
            Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

The site is easy enough to get through but, on classifieds the home text link doesn't go to home page, on articles page ...if you're coming off another page with say purple or an image bg the yellow screams at you to click something but change the page. Bethers had some good points about the colors, green is vegetation so maybe go that way, purple has nothing to do with the theme. You need a way to get home on all pages even your "about us page". I would try to link somehow so the user doesn't have to put up with this constant "Click here" like sendin email. I think most want to click one time and have your site do the rest. It will work out. The site like all others needs TIME, the one thing that we are not willing to give.
            It is a clean site that needs tweaking. They have joined your forum, no. So there is interest they just haven't found you, get the word out to where you are. You should concentrate on others sites that have forums or anywhere you can stick your URL.
            Choco777
            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

(Letting the others take the lead on technical critiques)

Did you purchase this e-Classifieds, or are you "leasing" it on a monthly basis with them?
              And, is this what you finally decided to get since Noah's was giving you problems?? I may have a use for such a utility in the future, so more information is helpful to me.....
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• naghosthunter
                Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

nice site looks good very professional.
                "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

• lawnman777
                  First Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Vasili
                  (Letting the others take the lead on technical critiques)

Did you purchase this e-Classifieds, or are you "leasing" it on a monthly basis with them?
                  And, is this what you finally decided to get since Noah's was giving you problems?? I may have a use for such a utility in the future, so more information is helpful to me.....

I am leasing it month to month. Besides the fact that no ones using it now, it is very very easy to use and the support is great. can get a lttle pricey to set up but is reasonable if people start to use it.

Comment

• lawnman777
                    First Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by bill2006
                    Nice,
                    Consider aligning those yellow buttons and changing the color, a darker yellow will make them show better.

good luck
                    the bullets seem to end up that way . i don't know why?

Comment

• lawnman777
                      First Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Bethers
                      Hi Lawnman,

I think you have a lot good - but I'd change the purple text - 2-3 colors are usually more than enough for a page - maybe 4. And in your case, using a dark green text would be fitting with landscaping. Look at the landscape pics you used at the top of the page - and use those colors - they work well with the image you want to portray while the purple really doesn't.

To go further with the color thing - I see 5 different colors text on the page as soon as I open the page. How about slowing down your scroll rate just a tad - and maybe make that the yellow text you are using in the navigation? Then change the purple to a nice "lawn green" color and darken the yellow color you're using for the bullets. I think this will look much better for you - and if not, you can always change it.

I'd get rid of the purple everywhere else on the page also. Consistency is very important for a professional look.

I didn't want the typical GREEN every lawn site uses. but maybe i can add some in there. thanks for input.

Comment

• Bethers
                        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Remember - there are reasons lots of things are the color they are - like all the black text on white backgrounds - is still the easiest to read. But do what works for you -just remember, you want it to work for you - so it really needs to work best for your viewers.
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• lawnman777
                          First Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by SChajin
                          Looks good, easy to get through. I like my grass high. LOL
                          hey i was from coral springs before re location to georgia. most of my lawn work came from there. they all liked the grass short though.

Comment

• lawnman777
                            First Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by naghosthunter

thanks
                            any input would be grateful
                            naghosthunter
                            real name Jim

cool site. nice and spooky for the seaoson. the text is a little hard to read against the backround color. maybe if a little larger font might help.

Comment

• chriscross
                              Sergeant

• Oct 2006

I like your site. It is very user-friendly and great style.

Chris Cross
                              Chris Cross
                              http://www.chriscrossmt.com

Comment

Working...
                              X