Please look at my website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please look at my website

Aloha, I have made some changes on my website. Some of the links don't work, I don't know why yet. I haven't done the meta tags yet. I want some honest opinion about the way it looks. Would you buy from a site that looks like this? Should it look more polished?
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Re: Please look at my website

No one wants to critique my site?
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

I DO! I DO! Coming along very nicely. It needs to be centered, the text needs centering on the header, the Page is at about 932w. Travelingtips.html doesn't work, the other ,yes. Girl surfing laying on surfboard shows twice, not a bad thing in and of itself, nice photo. The foto of the people in the water surrounded by volcanic rock (?) is stretched too much maybe resize it instead. From experience and all the TONS of help I have received, I would say keep polishing, the more sophisticated and professional you can make it the better. If I had intentions of going to Hawaii I don't know if I would by a tour, don't know your prices or who you are, your policies, beyond saying you want me to have a good time. I think i could go to hawaii and get guided tour at hotel and have good time, because I wouldn't know how far you go to ensure I see things others can't show me, or that you are extremely knowledgeable about little known facts, that you know the Island and you can help with suggestions after tour hours with restaurants, nightlife, know every inch of the Island, history and geological treasures that your state can show or relate to the visitors. Use more Hawaiian terms maybe, people have a great time trying to pronounce them, more fotos especiall of the beach, yeah bikinis too, it does sell and it is what the mind conjures up when thinking of going to your part of paradise. Volcanoes,white sand, translucent waters,vegetation and cascading waters, look aroud and let me know what I'd be missing. Believe me I'm no expert and these are only my thoughts not as an expert but as a potencial customer. Good luck. All in all good job. Did't read it all but what I did , it was okay. Keep tweaking. You'll get there.
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

The traveling link did not work from the preveiw page. The home page banner nds adjusted a smidge.:) Other than that I need a vacation:)
        ~Brenda~
        check us out on the web
        www.martinsradiusmoulding.com

Comment

Thank you, good thoughts. I will give them serious consideration.

Originally posted by choco777
          I DO! I DO! Coming along very nicely. It needs to be centered, the text needs centering on the header, the Page is at about 932w. Travelingtips.html doesn't work, the other ,yes. Girl surfing laying on surfboard shows twice, not a bad thing in and of itself, nice photo. The foto of the people in the water surrounded by volcanic rock (?) is stretched too much maybe resize it instead. From experience and all the TONS of help I have received, I would say keep polishing, the more sophisticated and professional you can make it the better. If I had intentions of going to Hawaii I don't know if I would by a tour, don't know your prices or who you are, your policies, beyond saying you want me to have a good time. I think i could go to hawaii and get guided tour at hotel and have good time, because I wouldn't know how far you go to ensure I see things others can't show me, or that you are extremely knowledgeable about little known facts, that you know the Island and you can help with suggestions after tour hours with restaurants, nightlife, know every inch of the Island, history and geological treasures that your state can show or relate to the visitors. Use more Hawaiian terms maybe, people have a great time trying to pronounce them, more fotos especiall of the beach, yeah bikinis too, it does sell and it is what the mind conjures up when thinking of going to your part of paradise. Volcanoes,white sand, translucent waters,vegetation and cascading waters, look aroud and let me know what I'd be missing. Believe me I'm no expert and these are only my thoughts not as an expert but as a potencial customer. Good luck. All in all good job. Did't read it all but what I did , it was okay. Keep tweaking. You'll get there.
          www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

You ask if I would "buy" from a site that looks like this. I don't see anything TO buy - until I really really read the page - and then I'm not sure I understand it. You need to make it much more understandable - easy to see what and why I'm there - I think it IS a very marketable product, but I don't see it being marketed.

I think a heading like "Insider's Guide to Hawaii" with a bulleted list of what I'll find - would be a good start to the page - followed with who you are.

I'm not sure about the page background - could you lighten it up just a tad? It takes away from the text and makes it hard for me to read. It definitely takes away from the pictures you have rotating on the top - which are a good thing - if I were to notice them.

The title to your page should reflect WHAT you do also. Your name doesn't do that - I didn't have a clue till I read most of the page that you have a guide to Hawaii - and that's what you are selling.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

For me there's just a bit too much text on your homepage. Make it shorter and people will take the time to read it. The background just doesnt look proffesional enough to make you feel that your buying into a legitimate tourist guide. There must be so many tourist books on this subject i dont really feel you could compete with them. How about an image of the books front cover, it would give it a lot more credibility. Having said all that you are obviously the person to speak to if you want inside info on Hawaii. Ditch the book and just develop the website as an insiders guide, you'd probably generate quite a lot of interest. Good Luck
              www.glidingcomp.com

Comment

The idea is to sell the guide and make money. I appreciate your ideas and will give them serious consideration. I am looking for honest opinions and I like what you had to say. Thank you.
                www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Working...
                X