Feedback wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback wanted

Hi everyone out there. I am a newbie and having great fun so far. I have managed to publish 4 of my pages that I have finished. I think they are OK and seem to link up. I would appreciate any suggestions, comments etc. It's mainly just personal stuff for friends and family, plus trying to get some nibbles on my house I want to sell so I haven't put adds or stuff in. That's a bit complicated I think. I would like to do a guest book. Any ideas. Does Voda have a free one? Look forward to some feedback. I'm going to try and finish my pages this weekend, at least the pictures. Thanks in advance for advice etc. I'm a real idiot. Forgot the name....barbadosparadise.com
    Sandi
    www.barbadosparadise.com

Re: Feedback wanted

I think you've done a great job but do have a couple suggestions -

First - I'd like your navigation better if the color matched the color selected for your template - so in the greens - not a blue that doesn't match.

Then - you don't have your navigation on anything but the home page - so for anyone to look at more than one page, they have to use their back button and select the next page. It would be much better if you put that on all pages - so your family and friends could pick pages from where ever they are.

I can't wait to see the rest of the pages. Your life is fascinating and I want to hear more.

I love your little paradise - can't imagine you wanting to leave there!

Yes there is a guest book - go into your control panel - look at fanstico - there is one in there.

I think you've done an excellent job on what you have so far.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

site seems to be missing links from after the about me all the way down other than that nice setup
      "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Thanks so much for your suggestions. Of course it makes perfect sense. How do I edit once it's been published. I'm having trouble with page 4 as I named it the journey and saved it my journey and when i go on the net, even though I have redone my edit page and saved and all that, the home page is still listing the journey and won't link up so I don't want to fix up the others until I hear back from you the correct way to edit. I only have the 4 pages done so far but hopefully will finish off this weekend. Thanks again for your help and I will look for the guest book and look for your reply to my question on editing.....Sandi
        www.barbadosparadise.com

Comment

You can either change what you made the link on the home page - or use save as and save the page with how you named it on the link on the home page - either will work. Then just publish again.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

The links do not work.
            www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Thanks Beth, I'm going to try that. I just changed up all the links and the colors so will see how it works.
              www.barbadosparadise.com

Comment

Hi,
                I have followed the instructions to add a guest book. Not a problem. However, when using the BV FTP, it wants me to upload 'guestbookdb.php'. All I have in my local files is guestbook.bvp. Where is the 'guestbookdb.php' located? In the root directory there is guestbook.html and guestbook.php. I understand about changing the permissions to 777. That is done. So if I can find 'guestbookdb.php', I should be in business. I do see ./guestbookdb.php and guestbook.php in the advanced tab of the form properties. Can you help me go forward to be able to get the guest book functional?
                Thank You,
                Pam

www.thesablebrush.com

Comment

Pam,

You are asking a question about installing a guestbook not only on someone else's thread, but you are also asking this in the 'customer website review' category of this forum.

Please understand that most people will either ignore or not see your plea for help when you create a post in this manner.

If you can please start a new thread next time you have an issue you will find a better and quicker response will be forthcoming.

To your question of the guestbook. I would strongly advise you read this post first before you make any decisions.
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
                  X