New Web Page barbadosparadise.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Web Page barbadosparadise.com

Hi all. Wanted to thank Bethers again for her suggestions. Any comments from anyone are appreciated. So far this has been a wonderful experience. I never thought I could do something like this. My computer experience is strictly office oriented. I have got 4 pages up, fixed the links on each page and changed the color. Now it is my bedtime so I will have to wait to try setting up the guest book. Scubadiver, try again. I just went on the web and managed to pull up all 4 pages. This forum is great as is Blue Voda!!!
    www.barbadosparadise.com

Re: New Web Page barbadosparadise.com

scubadiver was speaking of all the other navigation links that aren't up yet.

Another suggestion - don't open a new thread while we're responding in the other - you'll be able to easier find the responses all in one place - and we won't be repeating ourselves elsewhere :)

Now, when it's for a different topic - that's another story.

You're doing great.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Waiting for the pictures! Links below 'my journey'
      are not working. i.e.There is no
      http://www.barbadosparadise.com/pictures.html page

open up 'pictures' and make sure it is saved and published as just 'pictures' with no extentions.

nice site!
      Brad Arnold.......
      www.baldwincomusic.com
      www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
      !Free Search Engine Submission!
      Talking Avatar for your web site!
      Free sound editor
      Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Hi Bethers
        I think I finally have it sorted out. I put in all the pages and just said 'under construction' for the ones that aren't finished. Tightened up some of the inconsistencies and corrected typos etc. Let me know what you think. I should have the rest done this weekend. I have downloaded the Guest Book but haven't found it yet. A couple of questions. When I go on other pages, and click on pictures, most of them come up into their original size. How do I make that happen so when people click on the pics, they get bigger. I want to sort that out before I put all my pictures in as I have lots!
        2nd question. I am not sure about metatags. Do you do different ones on each page as well as a different description? I would really like to get the house out there but am not quite sure what I should be putting in. As for your earlier querie, I'm only leaving for health reasons otherwise I would be here for a lot more years.
        Thanks for the info on the threads. I wondered how it works. I have asked questions in other areas but can't remember where so haven't gone back to check for answers. lol
        Please let me know what you think, and any one else out there that has a look. Everyone's comments and help are greatly appreciated. Well, bedtime in the tropics and the mosies are out in full force tonite as we had lots of rain today. Until, Sandi
        www.barbadosparadise.com

Comment

Hi Sandi,
          I just read your Journey page - I am so fascinated with what you've done!

Anyway - four your questions - yes you need different meta for every page. You could have a page just about the house for sale - make sure the title of the page fits - like "barbados home for sale - live in paradise". Actually, you need to get good titles on all the pages. Then the meta keywords and description for each page should fit THAT page. Don't use any keywords you don't have on the page. The description should be a nice little ad for that page - using the keywords on the page.

As to pics - if you put pictures in using the gallery feature in BV - you can make those automatically clickable. And you can put them in one at a time or across or down the page. There is script you can use to make them clickable to new windows also - but that gallery feature is sooooooo easy - you'll find it in the tools down the left side of BV - I think it's 3 or 4 up from the bottom.

Hope I got most of your questions - let me know if not.
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Go to the top of this forum page and click on User CP. Then click on signicture. There you can type in your url and it will show up on each of your writings. This way we can check up on your site whenever you post with a question. Easy, Huh?
            www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Thanks guys, I have added my signature. Big problem...I think I was getting a little cocky as I seemed to be able to figure things out. Well guess what!! I can't figure out the Guest Book at all. I downloaded it from the control panel and it says it was installed but nothing is coming up. I went in and deleted the page I had already saved before I knew how to get the book, but when I click on the link in my e-mail, it brings up the page I had under construction. What do I do. I think I read in one of the forums, someone saying that the Guest Book was a piece of cake....I'm dazed and confused..I was hoping to finish off this weekend, but now I'm not sure. Thanks for the info on the pics. I will go through and redo everything and I will go in and work on the meta tags as well. I only put them on the first page. Bethers, you have been an incredible help. I surely do appreciate it. I have had such an incredible life that I could do about 5 different sites on the various life adventures I've been through. I am truly blessed. Thanks again and I look forward to your reply. Sandi
              www.barbadosparadise.com

Comment

Sandy,
                If you addedy our signature here it's not showing - so go check it again.

You might have to put a question in on a different thread for help on the guest book. I haven't done one, so can't help with that - so if no one seese this - find the appropriate section and ask there.

As to finishing - is a website ever finished? LOL

Good luck.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Oh Sandy ... the viper guestbook, makes me shiver ....

I did it, not sure how I ended up doing it ... but will try to help

I think once it is downloaded and installed, I think you have to go back into fantastico and see the url there ... I believe it goes into public_html directory, so check and see if it is there.... if it is not try and find it and put it in there ....

the url that they sent you in the email for public url is what you have to link to .... it creates its own page so to speak, so you do not have to make a page for it ....

it is tricky ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Me again Sandy, I searched through the forum for you and found this post below ....

so you do need to go and check what directory you did put your guestbook in when you installed.

the directory should be public_html ..... if not maybe uninstall it and reinstall .... the same email you have received should continue to work ...

you would then link to www.yourwebsite.com/guestbook from whatever page you decide to put your button or image for your guestbook on ....
                    see post below

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ok if you have gone through the setup and when it asked for the directory you typed guestbook then you need to go to

www.yoursitename.com/guestbook to view and
                    www.yoursitename.com/guestbook/admin.php to access the admin area. Of course if you typed in anyother directory then the /guestbook would be changed to whatever you named the directory. If you left it blank go back into fantastico, click on viper, click on unintstall and then reinstall it under guestbook.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi from Sandi. I went back and redid my signature so don't know what's going on there. It shows www.barbadosparadise.com
                      Ladyeye, that looks way to complicated for me. Is there any other way to know if people are looking at your site without having a guest book? If not I will have to attempt it sometime.
                      Question for Bethers or anyone re pictures. I found the gallery and am cooking with gas. The only problem I have found is that the pictures are coming up different sizes when I double click on them. I have gone into all my pictures and they are all sized the same - small for web so I don't know why some are different sizes. Can you have a look on My Journey page and you will see what I mean.
                      I read in one of the threads that the margin should be around 800 which I went back in to my pages and changed but I am seeing a lot of space to the right. Should I increase to 900 or should I just stick in more photos??? I have also added background color. What do you think?? lol
                      Sandi in sunny Barbados
                      www.barbadosparadise.com

Comment

You can't have sized all the pictures the same - cuz then they would all be the same size when clicked on to get bigger pics and they aren't. However it looks good.

Sizing "small for web" will not make them all the same unless they all started out the same, btw.

People recommend 800 because some people have their computer set so that is the widest it can go without scrolling. If you center the page, people with wider screens will at least have it centered and space on both sides equally instead of all on one side. I don't have a problem with widths up to 1000 - because the majority of people will not have to scroll. But to satisfy everyone, you have to keep it 800 or under. I've been experimenting with my sites - have 2 of them at 1000 - and watch my stats closely to see how many people I might be alienating - so far hasn't affected my sales percentage.

And you can tell about your visitors by looking in the stats in your cpanel. Great stats - you'll never know how many by a guest book, as most aren't going to sign one. It's a nice feature on a site like yours, but not necessary.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks again for all your help. I don't understand the pictures at all. I just download from my camera and save to the small web size or I scan pics and do the same. Doesn't really matter. Check out the ones I just downloaded and eat your heart out. What I wake up to is spectacular and it came up full. Don't know how I did that. That was last year March at about 5:30am. I still have tweaking to do. Trying to get all the scrolls the same color etc. All the finished pages have their metatags, thanks to you. I got really caught up in this tonite. Usually I am in bed before 9:00 as I get up at 5:00 but it is now midnite so I am going to hit the sack....lol more tomorrow...
                          www.barbadosparadise.com

Comment

Working...
                          X