Revised my Ghost hunters site feedback please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revised my Ghost hunters site feedback please

I revised the website to have different backgrounds, also i added a shoutbox and a chat, i removed the fog due to javascript issues{BUMMER}
    unable to get contact us email to work but will eventually. but in all let me know what you think please.

thanks
    jim
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Re: Revised my Ghost hunters site feedback please

I like the setup. The site is great. I like the photos. The background is awesome. Did you use the Voda software to build it? From a paranormal fan, I think it is awesome. Good job.
    David B
    LGD Design Innovations
    www.lgddesign.com
    david.bennett@lgddesign.com

Comment

Hi Jim

Interesting site you have there, I like the background on your home page and the music very atmospheric, but I do think you need to tidy it up a little ..only small things but they would make your site look much more professional .. you have a small margin on the left and none on the right..the margins at the sides of your text area are different to, also maybe line your menu bars so that they are the same height.

Theres a long scroll down the page with nothing on it ,then some banners..maybe bring them up further and line everything up..centre your pages to and check for any spelling errors...Thrieve....did you mean Thrive?

Youve done a great job so far ...keep tweaking :o)
      Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

thank you both yeah that > margin i cant seem to get rid of it i had it soon as i placed the time/date on it thinking of moving the buttons up a tad to cover it but some i wont be able to and you are correct the thrive was my error was tired...and yes my site was built using bluevoda software other widgets i got from other sites the logo on top i paid for that bloody thing, the shoutbox and chat i scoured the internet for something useful and free but removed their link so it won't effect my site.
        had fog effect but that was $24.00 down the drain but i may have some use for it. oh and as for the long endless empty space... it will be filled eventually.i may have to remove all my clocks. thanks for feedback.
        "Jim"

Comment

ok update ...hmmm added a few more widgets this time i added a java chatroom for basic text chat, my V.C. is basically voice chat by using teamspeak, added a countdown to certain events we may be doing like search of the mothman, investigating the amityville house, and so fourth, also added a donation button on main page and what the donations go towards is explained on main page text,decided to make all pages same except the EVP page, but cannot get donate button to target blank so it can lead away from site with new windows guess that once a person makes a donation after end of transaction paypal will have a button to bring them back to my site. i do work a normal low paying job that pays the bills but with our investigation are all helped with donations that goes towards our equipment, or sometimes fuel for vehicles. lodging and food are at our expense. so i see Bethers sometimes make comments on donations but sometime some places has to take donations whether it be money wise or people donating equipment like extention cords, tape, digital voice recorders to collect evps, infra red cameras to pick up anomalties when its dark, etc. anyone has any suggestions on site?
          "Jim"

Comment

Hi Jim

Too bad about the fog, it was cool, but agree with you , but your site still looks foggy so that is a good thing.

A couple of things, I can't really get a good look at your cap and t-shirt on your merchandise page, so wouldn't know whether I wanted to purchase it.

On your calendar, it seems as though your counter and powered by voda host is in the wrong spot, consider moving it down off the calendar ...

I find the writing small on some of your pages, the equipment page and investigations page for sure ....

You seemed to have used a nav button at the top of each nav bar,
            "our site Nav Bar" and "Links": ... perhaps they would be better if they were stand alone words, just a thought ....

Certainly sounds spooky and remains to amaze me .... looking great!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hi there - we were looking at your translated pages and caught a misspelling on your english page that is affrecting the translations first paragraph alot should be a lot - as it wont translate as one word.
              Ann
              www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
              www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
              www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Looking better each time. The Bg is great but if you resized your page wouldn't you be able to get less of the tiling effect in the BG? I think it takes away from the page if the tiling is so obvious. One other thing that I noticed is the word legit no "e".
                Choco777
                www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

thanks a heap on the feedback i completely redone site this time i have to add my buttons back in the merchandise page redid bg cannot get that dang > off of some parts on site looked, trace, etc cannot find it. will look into the page that is misspelled. ahhh legite thanks bud
                  "Jim"

Comment

ok removed the E from legite now is legit , also spaced (a lot ).
                    "Jim"

Comment

Jim, you've done an amazing job ... everything is loading very very quickly here for me, and you really really organized it, and I can also read everything .... wow ... great job!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Jim.
                        If what you meant " spaced alot" is that the alignment of the text needs work then......Try this. First capitalize so if . So if....... even try "anyone charging" drop other words....and save character space if needed try we as a non profit organization charge "no fee"..... Change West Virgina..drop "are and":... drop "lots of " leave off "we collect info.", it is obvious "the amount collected". This will save many characters and your text will align better.
                        Choco777
                        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

thanks i changed some and reworded some :) let me know if it looks better.
                          "Jim"

Comment

It looks much better. See other thread. But are and makes no sense. If music is on for few minutes it starts to skip and just give off noise........ We thrive also is not right a better way if you must use thrive might be thrive on giving........or we strive to give.
                            There are also many instances of wrong case letters, I'll look it over and let you know what I see, if you want. Do you first
                            use a text editor with grammer and spellcheck, or write it as you go on your page.
                            Choco777
                            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I love your site mate!

Comment

Working...
                              X