Revised my Ghost hunters site feedback please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Revised my Ghost hunters site feedback please

nope choco i use my own spelling i wish bv had a spell checker oh virginia is spelled that way as for thrive its like to give yeah i have bad grammer but will eventully get the hang of it and please any help is great i just got through with whole site in german text but 99.8% is accurate the other 2% is not my fault missing characters, right now i am only going for 4 different languages german, italian, spanish, and french and of course english. so if you dont see the other flags right away i am doing it all like i was rebuilding site it takes 6 hours or more to do each of them manually and after each language is completed then you will see the flags appear.
    ryanhitchings thanks bud glad you love my site. oh and choco help is never turned down i accept all help.
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

please read your other thread below.
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Virginia is spelled "Virginia are" hmmm interesting. What does the "are and" mean? We collect alot of...of course that is what makes you the authority..needs maybe other wording. As for thrive it just doesn't fit, maybe "we thrive on"..., regional colloquialisms are fine in certain areas but you are trying (I think) to reach a much broader audience, therefore there are many who will not understand, or misunderstand, or question the sophistication and business **** of the person who created the website where these words are found. It is better, in my opinion to stick to well thought out wording for your text. I question the fact that the German is 98% correct. I have not used German in years but it does not translate that way to me and I speak fluent German and Spanish. I made an offer but it went unanswered so good luck with Babelfish and your interesting site, I'll be looking forward to the end results. One more ditty, (ditty how many ways can that be translated, wow) try to use MSWord that probably came in the package when you setup your windows or other program, they usually have text editors, or download works online, you will save alot of work,....speaking from experience. Good luck Jim.
        Choco777
        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Jim, I'm just fascinated with your site, not stalking you, want to help.

Nordamerika Geist jeger SIND (plural) im WV BEFUNDEN
          Wir gehen uns Uebersinnlichen oder Ubernaturlichen Tatigkeiten an,

For starers sind is plural as noted you interpretation shows as one person....Befunden is best for stating locations...the umlaut on the vowels was purposely left out but is needed or you can just add the e that is missing for the next letter.
          Some people will try to pas off Africaans for german words.
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

yeah i am using babelfish as translations doing my best and when i stated 98% meant that the missing stuff was not my fault but figured it out i needed to have my pages set to western european iso 8859-1 then all set up well i just let babelfish translate my website then i copy and paste into existing page and save as once completed to De_index.html or it_index.html so that i won't over write the one in english. once i am completely done with translation parts be it good or bad i will do spell checks and all on all pages and revise them asap. almost done with italian last one espanol.
            thanks
            jim
            "Jim"

Comment

heck if worse come to worse i will remove german lol cause there are several places for translation and all are different words and meanings hard stuff here.
              "Jim"

Comment

nevermind Jim, Good luck.
                Choco777
                www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Hello Jim, I like your homepage alot. And I also think that you chose the right song for a Ghost Hunters website. Along with the right music, it really can make you tired and never gets annoying. But I noticed a few things that occured which I have no idea if they were intentional or not. Here they are:

- Notice that alot of your banners are overlapping.

- Some of your links have words behind them and you can't see what the links say.

- Some of your links/words are in the middle of the lines.

- You need alot more room for your banners.

- You have way to many banners; Maybe try to put in some pictures related to the banners or delete some. I also suggest putting some more writing in. I was curious about "The Mothman", Which I'm sure many other folks were to. Maybe put some information on that to. Thank's

Comment

ryan check your settings on your explorer sometimes that can occur make sure your setting is on medium not large or small. i checked site as you requesting and it shows good even checked on wifes pc as well she had same problem as what you discribed and i checked her settings it was on large not medium as soon as i clicked on medium it all came together as it should nice and neat. :) on your explored go to view then text size and you will find settings.
                    "Jim"

Comment

Ok now for update i am almost completed with language spanish is all thats left also i added a new feature to site i need feedback whether it is better to have a magnifier to view photos or continue with coppermine as a gallery...
                      thanks guys and gals,
                      jim
                      "Jim"

Comment

Ok! I'll check again! Thank's mate!

Comment

Hey mate, Maybe you can put your links to ._top on the navigation. That way when you watch the videos on the other sites the music on your site doesn't get in the way. Thank's.

Comment

hmm just wrote so this may be a double take i fixed music to play out once then after that no more until site is relaunched.
                            "Jim"

Comment

alrighty then now i am finished hopefully with language i have english, german, italian, french, and spanish. whether or not the language or flags are correct is for people in that language to check it out and let me know.
                              "Jim"

Comment

Originally posted by naghosthunter
                                alrighty then now i am finished hopefully with language i have english, german, italian, french, and spanish. whether or not the language or flags are correct is for people in that language to check it out and let me know.

I
                                mpressions Jim, impressions. Anyway I thought that you wanted me to translate the site. Oh well, not much time wasted. Everyone will be able to look at your site and see what it offers and it doesn't really need any sophisticated language translation.
                                BTW jim wasn't Amityville shown to be a hoax as far as paranormal activities. I think shortly after the first movie or just after the big brujaja over one or the other it was uncovered on 60 minutes. Just fmi.
                                Choco777
                                www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Working...
                                X