new site in iframe let me know what you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new site in iframe let me know what you think

Yaaaa its done http://www.gardenpoultry.info it was only ment to be a few pages but i got cared away lol .

I built it using the iframe menu that that very nice man from bv shown us.

I know the site map ant right yet but i fink the rest is (i hope so ne way ) the our birds page seems to take for ever to load is it just my comp or the same on every ones an what dose it load like in IE.

All feed back welcome (unless its bad then ill jump of my balcany lol)

Thanks
    Daz1034xx

Re: new site in iframe let me know what you think

Daz, your gardenpoultry site is looking good.

Not sure I understand what iframes you are referring to?

The photos weren't too bad to load, but then again, I have a fast internet connection. I noticed the photos were bmp. format. You may want to change them to jpg and that might help. It appears you are still working quite a bit on your site, but what you have going so far looks great. I'm not real keen on all the text having a solid background behind them, nor do I care for bold on the text. I think it would be better looking without those things. Also on your photos you have a white background with what looks like hand written names. I think I would drop the white background and type the names.

Anyway, just a few suggestions. Like I said, it is looking really great! Love the chickens!!
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

You've got a great start. I'm not thrilled with all the text being on different backgrounds like you've done it. Just seems to much to me on one page with so many different colors.

I really DO like the pictures page and how those are done. But with them all in the same format/color, I don't have that contrasting thing that bothered me on the other pages. I'd even like if you used the color from the header behind your navigation. Again, the colors just are too much for me.

I just love the birds page - keep coming back to it. Unlike Cindy, for your site, I love the handwritten names. However, it says to click for larger image - and that isn't working.

You need to have someone go through and work on typos - there are quite a few spelling errors - and getting those fixed will make everything even better.

:)
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hay thanks it must be my lucky day the 2 best looking ladys on here givein my advice. ill change them pics to jpg an hope fully it will speed things. am doing the site for a frend and wating on the info to put on the site an i shall give them the job of spell checking it. But it's most proberly just me but i like all the difrent colors in the txt but a few ppl dont like it but i relly do lol. ill have a play with the colors.

But ones agane Thank You i shall come bk when iv made some changes hope you all haveing a nice day

Thanks
        daz1034xx

Comment

I agree with Bethers and Cindy here on the background on the text, I don't like that either ....

I am thinking your background may not be suitable for text just laid on it, so maybe you might consider, inserting a rectangle shape, making it white, and enlarging it to fit the page to put your text on ... and use black font, then you still have your background behind this white area, your text would stand out better too ....

Your site is great for navigation, awesome job there ... I wonder why you have a menu bar at the top and a nav bar on the left with the same content (other than the word directions, which also links to the same page as, how to find us,) I don't think you need both, I would probably keep the nva bar on the left and ditch the menu bar ....

You are doing a great job! I too like the hand written names, I like fancy fonts alot and you can read those so they are cool.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Please don't take this the wrong way but i have to ask mind ya now site looks good but are you selling hens and roosters? or a documentary about them? just curious.
            "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

lol ye its selling poultry its for a frend of mine the plan is when its all up to post a lot of news feeds as he is conciderd an expert in the uk poultry world(i carnt stand the fomgs my self errrrrrrr lol

as for the text back ground i fink i will take your advice an change it ill have a little play with it an see how it looks an the bring it back to see what you all think

Thanks
              Daz1034 xx

Comment

I am just getting the header, and the menus, but nothing else ????????

Big white space all over......................must be the I-frame ??
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hay David i am useing i frames but i put the html code in to make it transparent an no one eles is haveing that problem emmmm mite be your browser i hope it is in a nice way lol cuz if its my site i ant got a clue what it cud be. is ne one eles haveing this problem let me now thanks

Thnaks
                  Daz1034

Comment

I always use my opera browser, and in the past, I have seen the same thing happen with only 3 other BV member sites!!!!!!!!!!

Will try it with IE7 later on
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                    Newbies / Beginners Forum
                    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
                    X