• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beebrothers
    Captain

• Dec 2006

Re: Please Review My Website

pretty cool..nice work, needs some fine tuning as posted above...
    good job!
    http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

• naghosthunter
      Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

tmphill why make another post when you already have one like this? here is what was in that one by me....

well looks good buthere is a few things i spotted.

1- omicron the chi over laps plainsfield...i would reduce the size of the intire banner text so it wouldn't overlap nothing.

2- the top browser i would remove home page just call it Omicron PSI PHI Fraternity inc this way it would look better than being looked at in se's as a home page.

3-I noticed you have no keywords or description you need to add them as well on all pages.

4-All your nav buttons are different on every page try to keep nav buttons the same on each page will look much more professional.

5- A lot of tweaking ahead my friend.
      "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

• cheryl20
        Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Looks nice my brother (Omega Lil Sis here). Your banner words are overlapping. And I have to agree with the above poster, keep your nav buttons the same.

Comment

• tmphilli40
          Corporal

• Sep 2006

Thanks for the comments. Will make all changes.

Comment

• motoxxx
            Major

• Dec 2005

Not sure if it the size of the graphics but the page scrolls kinda slow for me when scrolling from top to bottom. I have a fast machine and a very good connection and it was a bit slow...maybe resize some of the images a bit???
            Other than that, I like the color scheme. Very eye catching without being over the top.
            Affordable Medical Insurance
            Discount Dental Plan
            Washington State Health Insurance
            Temporary Health Insurance
            Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

• larazovich
              General

• Jul 2006

1. Like the colors, as moto says eycatching, not over the top
              2. Same overlapping issue in header
              3. Having the nav buttons in different places on different pages is alittle strange, and ditto they should be the same style
              4. Different fonts on different pages , should maybe settle on one that is easy to read, some )sans font, no squigllies would be nice..)
              5. Liked looking at the p ictures, though they took awhile to load.
              6. As Jim said, lots of tweaking ahead, but a strong start. Good work.
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com
              www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• bill2006
                Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Is this a duplicate thread? I could have sworn I saw this site before and wrote something about it.
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

BILL: It seems to be an emerging trend, unfortunately!

You have made a lot of progress, but you need to resolve your navigation issues completely, as it is a critical element of a website overall.

1. It is not necessary to add a fancy font in your buttons, for two reasons: first, not all visitors will actually have the font, and a substitute will be used without regard to design or proper size; if you retain the use of this font, you need remove the italics and size appropriately so as to increase legibility. As they are now, they are simply an unecessary challenge.
                  2. Your use of strong and overbrooding colors probably comes from the colors associated with the organization, so I can only suggest muting them to a much more acceptable level. Such Mono/duo-chromatic sites not only de-emphasize every element of a website( blend them), they often unconsciously spur visitors to flee before even having a chance to read/visit/evaluate the site whatsoever: everything about a website is 90% visual, and you would be wise to try to conform to the standard visual "cues" and normative design regimens.
                  3. Your layout organization is fine, and may only need minor proportion adjustments to achieve better "flow" and appearance balance.
                  4. Certainly, you have hit all the right buttons on your checklist for Content, and this too, needs only minor tweaks to present best.

You did quite well for a first effort, and I have confidence that your refinements will demonstrate your evolving expertise!
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• beebrothers
                    Captain

• Dec 2006

yes duplicate thread...need to check for typos..
                    http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

• tmphilli40
                      Corporal

• Sep 2006

Thanks for all the great suggestions. The Color scheme is consistent with the Fraternity Colors (Purple & Gold). I will make the changes to the menu buttons for consistency and a more professional look. The overlapping is done purposely...its my style. Thanks again for the comments and suggestions. I would like to learn how to adjust my photos so the pages load faster.

Comment

Working...
                      X