Your opinions please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinions please!

I recently finished my site..I will still do some tweeking, like adding music, and I know I have to add links that I have promised on my info page, but other then that I'm done...thanks in advance

www.majacreations.com

Re: Your opinions please!

Hi Maja,

Your site is very promissing.
    You have some nice items to sell.
    Try another background color, the brown does'nt suits with the jewelry, i.m.o.
    The loadtime is very high for a dial-up computer. In the USA not everybody has a broadband connection like here in Holland, so resize your pics, thry are to many kb. Google for an HTML Toolbox, this will check: loadtime, html-errors, browser compatibility and link check. This program will help you run your site much better.

Keep on going,
    Wynie

Comment

I think you have done a splendid job! I have a different opinion about your background. I do like the brown, especially nice with your header and with your copper designs. However, if you use the dark background, I would take the pictures with a light background. Also some of your photos have shadows on them, so be careful when taking them. The ones with the purple fade into the darkness. I would change the navigation bar color on your other pages, because the blue is very difficult to read and see. My eyes actually hurt trying to look at it. You may want to experiement with a white font for your text or something lighter if you keep the dark background.

Your photos are wonderful and they loaded very fast for me, no problem. I'm sure others will be along with their opinions.

You have done a great job, be proud!
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Nice work,
        There are a few things you might want to consider.
        -Your page width, even at 1024 there is scroll which users tend to dislike. Its not your pics, its from the text in the upper right corner, might want to make that a font smaller.
        -Link the email to your address, highlight the email and using the link button in the menu add your mailto:
        -Agree with color choice. Notice how in jewelry stores they always show finer pieces on black, dark blue or silver, same applies here.
        -No problem with your pic sizes, but ask someone to check for you on dial up.

Good luck !
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Agree with Bill. If you have a light background and take your photos with the Jewelry on black or a dark rich color, they would probably stand out better. Just trying to figure out how to make your jewelry photo's pop out. Maybe someone with more experience in photography will be along for advice
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I think the background color works - I also think the jewelry photos would pop just fine - but some of them are a tad blurry. If you can get them with no blurry effects - and maybe without anything busy going on the the photos, that would help.

Why do you feel the need to add music to a jewelry store? Personally, I'd leave the store - cuz I'm not a fan of it just to be there. If it doesn't have a purpose to the store - I'll find another one to shop at. It will slow load up times for dial up even more. If you really feel you HAVE to have music, -make sure there is a simple and obvious way to turn it off.

You need to work on your title tag on all pages - I didn't look at your description or keywords - but make sure they are done correctly and going to help you.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you all, for your advice....I will definetly make some of the changes that you have suggested.

Comment

hmmm.... while I like brown (I am currently making a site with brown tones) I don't think the brown works for the jewellry. And I must say I really dislike the orange. And the pics are dark .... I do however, like dark backgrounds, so my choices, would be lighter pics, as they are showing dark, maybe on a deep purple, deep blue (navy) or black background, with white or silver frames, nav tags etc. You need to set the colors for your links because right now they are anywhere from purple to blue and this isn't appealing .... brightening your pictures up will help ... but I think overall I would choose different colors ...

Everything loaded up very quickly for me .... no problems there, and I could find my way around ... it's always nice to have a close up pic of jewellry, so as I believe Bethers pointed out, you could use the pop up here for a larger pic, it's also nice to have just even one photo that has an item in it that we can all relate to for size of jewellry, say a quarter in the pic, just something to compare the size of the jewellry with..... you will need another photo for the rings because I can't quite see those ...

You're doing great ... good luck ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the advice...and if anyone knows how to set the colors for my links, I would appreciate the information on how to do this, because I still havent figured that out yet.....

Comment

I figured out how to set my link colors.....!

Comment

Hi Maja,

Your doing a great job, nice jewelry!..but I have to agree with the above about the background colour on your pages doesnt make your jewelry pop...also the purple text and borders are very hard to read n see

Ive been playing around with the colours...love to do that ....have you thought of dark green for a background? ....hope you dont mind but ive done a little page to show you how it would look ...

http://www.lindashouseemporium.net/maja.html

Also you need to set your page widths and centre in browser click on the link below to do this.

Hope this helps
                      Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Linda

I have to admit, I do like those colors...Im going to play around with them....Also thank you for your advice on the borders...I set them, and that would have saved me so much trouble, but now, It will make everything i do for now on, easier....

Comment

Re: Linda

Originally posted by maja1129
                          I have to admit, I do like those colors...Im going to play around with them....Also thank you for your advice on the borders...I set them, and that would have saved me so much trouble, but now, It will make everything i do for now on, easier....
                          Thats the idea ..i'm all for making life easier :o)..glad you like the colours

Keep teaking and you will get there ....one little tip ..before you publish, right click on your page, go to page properties and check that your page is still at 800 and also click the center in browser box ...then save and publish everything will be centered.

How to Center your page

Comment

I agree with the above comments. Also your photos on the home page are very slightly out of alignment and I would make the orange borders on them a touch thinner.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
                            royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Forgot to tell you the colour numbers of the background if you need it

Hue 120
                              Sat 240
                              Lum 24

Have fun :o)

How to Center your page

Comment

Working...
                              X